No announcement yet.

Got Cat Gutted Yesterday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont care about the air either.... Animal rights people can go F- themselves.
    ???

What do animals have to do with it? You do realize that you need air to breath as well right?

If everyone in LA took their cats off the air would be unbreathable there.
    SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

As for pollution, its not really gonna make a difference for a few ppl to gut their cats. Car pollution is nothing compared to what power plants put into our atmosphere everyday ( i know this from experience)

IMO, you will recieve VERY minimal gains and run the risk of a fine. and it wont sound as good again IMO

i also believe it's not a good idea to be telling around on here that you have an illegal exhaust.
      1994 white Firebird M5<br />Flowmasters, CAI, 3.73s, LSD, coated pacesetters, eibach pro-kit, bilsteins, hurst shifter, JVC stereo, 18\" C5 vette wheels, Kuhmo Ecsta ASX rubber<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299</a> <br /><br />Coming Soon: Turbo!

Comment

Later on you will come to realize that you wished you hadn't done that.

I hate pulling up to my house at like.. 2 am and have neighbors leave notes on my door saying my car is too damn loud...
        96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Kinda stupid (imo) to post this on a worldwide website when it's a $10,000 federal fine! Hope no officials are reading your post....
          2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
          1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
          2011 Cadillac CTS-V
          2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
          2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

Not sure if you guys have ever looked at the inside of a high flow catalytic converter. My friend's random-tech cat that he bought for his grand national basically has a little screen inside thats maybe one inch thick...and thats it, hence a high flow cat isnt all that different or better for the air than a gutted one. As far as getting caught goes, for all intensive purposes he 'has' a converter. I can't imagine a scenario where a cop starts fishing around your car and decides that it'd be a good idea to cut the cat off the car and look inside of it. Lighten up you guys. [img]smile.gif[/img]
            99 3.8 Camaro<br />Intake Mods: K&N filter, Whisper lid, free ram air, !air silencer, !maf screen<br />Exhaust Mods: Flowmaster 80 series, 3\" I-pipe, 3\" Cutout<br />Suspension: Intrax Springs (2\" drop)<br />Misc.: Fan switch mod, Hayden transmission cooler

Comment

Come on people. This is just stupid to have an argument about this :rolleyes:

If you guys want to argue about pollution on cars and such, complain about diesels and their horrible pollution. In oklahoma, we dont have pollution problem like some of places......LA
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

eh..i have 10 Gs ..and my neighbors LOVE it ;) haha ..worth it [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img] ..and if the DOZONS of cops..state and local..who have driven behind me havent pulled me over for it by now..i doubt they ever will..not like i'll fix it anyway :D
                <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

im with shirl on this one which is what i was trying to say in my other post

u guys are basically admitting to a felony online that is going to be archived in the site.
                  sorry but its not smart
                  1994 white Firebird M5<br />Flowmasters, CAI, 3.73s, LSD, coated pacesetters, eibach pro-kit, bilsteins, hurst shifter, JVC stereo, 18\" C5 vette wheels, Kuhmo Ecsta ASX rubber<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299</a> <br /><br />Coming Soon: Turbo!

Comment

Just trying to voice my opion on this topic so in the future others could be helped from it. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] It must be must stricter enforced in other states than it is here. I'd of left the stock cat on there is I wasnt getting a cam but I figured any extra benefit I could get would be worth it.

I don't really have any neighbors and there are cars alot louder than mine around here.

[ January 02, 2005, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: blacksport ]
                    2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

i think its interesting that people also post about other felonies such as street racing in the kills section...and never get caught [img]graemlins/stickpoke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/twak.gif[/img]
                      2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

Not sure if you guys have ever looked at the inside of a high flow catalytic converter. My friend's random-tech cat that he bought for his grand national basically has a little screen inside thats maybe one inch thick...and thats it, hence a high flow cat isnt all that different or better for the air than a gutted one.
                        Simply not true. High flow catalytic convertors still have to meet EPA guidlines. The Carsound high flow cat says on the box "EPA OBD II compliant" (or some variation thereof).

Those screens have a catalyst in them that convert the exhaust gases to something better for the air. Hence the name catalytic convertor.
                        SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

so yeah, to save .05 seconds on your time go ahead and pollute the air..

Comment

well i gutted mine for while when it got clogged (i needed my car to opperate correctly and didnt have the money to put in a new cat). it sounded a little different (i wouldnt say better). i put a high flow in when i got my muffler installed. i dont notice any decline in hp what so ever and i now dont have to worry about a fine (scew the atmosphere i just want to keep my hands on the fat cash). to me its a useless mod but to each his or her own.
                            2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

"Simply not true. High flow catalytic convertors still have to meet EPA guidlines. The Carsound high flow cat says on the box "EPA OBD II compliant" (or some variation thereof).

Those screens have a catalyst in them that convert the exhaust gases to something better for the air. Hence the name catalytic convertor."

All I'm saying is that the amount of catalyst in a high flow is not as much as an OEM converter. High-flow converters, while they do exactly what you said aren't anywhere close to being as effective as OEM converters, hence his gutted cat isnt terribly far from a high flow converter as far as toxins that are released.
                              99 3.8 Camaro<br />Intake Mods: K&N filter, Whisper lid, free ram air, !air silencer, !maf screen<br />Exhaust Mods: Flowmaster 80 series, 3\" I-pipe, 3\" Cutout<br />Suspension: Intrax Springs (2\" drop)<br />Misc.: Fan switch mod, Hayden transmission cooler

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X