Just ordered a whisper lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered a whisper lid

Well i have been spending my christmas money like crazy. So far ive bought an SLP CAI, a K&N Filter, Glow Gauges, an oil change (68.00, not that thats a mod, but money none the less) and now i just ordered a whisper lid. I was wondering what makes this lid better than the stocker, and other aftermarket lids. Any other info is also appreciated. Decent gains with all these mods once they are installed?

Thanks
    1999 Black V6 Camaro<br />Website: <a href=\"http://midnight-maro.freestarthost.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://midnight-maro.freestarthost.com</a> <br /><br />CAI,Lid,K&N,SLP LM, Powerdyne, Shift Kit, 160* thermo, and gauge pillar w/gauges.. Sittin in the garage: RKSport Headers, Carsound Cat, LSD, Fuel Pump, GTP Injectors, 3.73\'s

The whisper lid is better than the stock lid because it has no baffles under the lid. It also does not have a silencer. The stock intake setup has both of these to quiet down the intake noise. Also, you will notice that the actual outlet to the throttle body is circular. The stock lid has an oval that passes into the silencer that finally exits as a circle...kills the flow of air. Compared to the other aftermarket lids...they're all pretty much the same.

With the whisper lid, you'll notice your exhaust note go slightly deeper, and the intake/engine noise slightly louder. Horsepower-wise, you'll be lucky if you get any added power to the wheels. This is more of an efficiency and better throttle response mod. With you cold-air setup, you'll notice a little bit more of a difference than if you just installed a whisper lid. Overall, it's nothing groundbreaking, but should give you a little bit more of mid-range passing power and maybe 1 or 2 more mpg.
    Yes, I know \"Artic\" should be spelled \"Arctic\". Can any of the mods change this?

Comment

its nice but not worth the money imho. you could have dremled out the baffles from the stock lid and put a 3"pvc cupling in to replace the air silencer and get the same results. i did this and noticed only slightly better throttle response and more engine noise and havent had any problems in the past year and a half since i did this.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Well shaving the underside of the airlid, removing the air silencer and using pvc helps but I believe the biggest difference is the opening on the whisper lid. It definatley allows more air to come through vs. the stock lid.
        99 3.8 Camaro<br />Intake Mods: K&N filter, Whisper lid, free ram air, !air silencer, !maf screen<br />Exhaust Mods: Flowmaster 80 series, 3\" I-pipe, 3\" Cutout<br />Suspension: Intrax Springs (2\" drop)<br />Misc.: Fan switch mod, Hayden transmission cooler

Comment

I shaved the lid and replaced the silencer w/ pvc. and got a k&n. the k&n made no noticable differance. shaving the lid and getting rid of the silencer made a noticeable differance. i def recommend it. then i got the whisper as a gift. for one it looks better. and i noticed even more improvement. you def gain power from all of them most. but my exhasut is the most noticeable differance power wise.
          <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X