SLP CAI Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP CAI Installation

When installing it, is a simple addition of a component (like a Lid) or does it require cutting away at the airbox and other stuff (like the !FRA and the FTRA)

requires cutting
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

well I already did the !FRA...what else more would I have to do?

Comment

Not sure in the 99 but in mine you just pulled out all the stock intake parts. Not sure what the differences are.
        <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

When I put mine in I had to pull out the plastic sheet in front of the radiator and trim it to make room for the intake. Very, very simple to do though. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
          \'98 Black Camaro M5<p>Many mods<br />Many electronics

Comment

Yeah, you are going to have to cut the holes in the airbox bigger. Its not a big deals as long as you have a tool that will cut it.
            2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

Comment

well, i recently bought it, how hard is it for a newbie at cutting up cars? :D heh, like what should i use dremmel tool?(which i dont have) or some kind of saw or something...

i thought it wuold be hell of alot easier then to do...

So, as I read from the instructions, all you do is cut that black piece, and just slide it in?

Comment

I have a dremel up here in Boynton. Maybe I can help you do it. We can learn (you can be the sort of guinea pig) since I'll be adding it in the near future.

Comment

oh and btw, about the guinea pig thing...I was kidding. I've cut my airbox already (for the free ram air) so I have any idea of what to do. :D

Comment

Use these instructions.
                    http://www.fasttoys.net/ramairinstructions.htm

I installed an SLP CAI on my car with these. They are way better than the SLP directions.

[ June 19, 2002: Message edited by: BigED ]</p>
                    2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

Comment

yeah, cixeldxy21 and I will be installing it, maybe you can come by when we do it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

(or maybe we can go there who knows heh)

Comment

man, just looked still looks cofusing IMHO [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

seal hope this helps...when I did the FRA I took directions off installuniversity.com

I looked and was like there's no way I'm going to do this...it's too confusing. When I actually sat down to do it, it was so much simpler. Just start work on it and you should be fine. Half the fun in installing mods is figuring out how to do it. :D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by seal:
                            yeah, cixeldxy21 and I will be installing it, maybe you can come by when we do it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

(or maybe we can go there who knows heh)
                            <hr></blockquote>

were you referring to me or cixeldxy21? I only ask because that person never posted in this thread

Comment

cixeldxy21, cuz i talked to him about it in person ;)

[ June 20, 2002: Message edited by: seal ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X