Cardinal Dyno Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinal Dyno Results

Hello everyone - I'm back from the dyno!

I got a pretty good baseline run with my best hp figure being 174.8 and my highest torque on that same run at 224.7 ftlbs... Not too shabby if you ask me :D - Im pretty satisfied being I don't have a 3" pipe and stock cat and all...

Here are the runs I did

Run 1 - 171.6rwhp / 213.5 torque
    Run 2 - 170.5rwhp / 210.8 torque
    Run 3 - 174.8rwhp / 224.7 torque

The reason run 3 was HIGHER was because I *gasp* removed the MAF screen. :D

Yes, I tried it, and expecting a loss of power I was utterly shocked to see +5hp and +10torque by removing that little screen. Even cooler is that it isn't apparant just at the peak marks, but ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE DYNO there is a nice little positive power gap [img]smile.gif[/img] . Now, I'm not trying to sell this as anything more than what I witnessed. You can take it as good or take it as BS, I am in no way telling you to go remove your MAF screen. But, my car reacted favorably too it, and so I'm leaving mine out for the remainder of its life...

---Edit---
    Every dyno run we did, we verified the water temperature before the run. We made sure the water temp didn't vary much and being so we got what I consider to be reliable results.

In any case, there are the numbers, and I'm happy with them...

[ February 19, 2002: Message edited by: TheCardinal ]</p>
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Nice....do you know what rwhp you had stock? or a ballpark figure?
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

Comment

And that's RWHP... It would cost more than
      a $100 dollars to get around 4 RWHP added.
      It does make a miracle
      Just check out your Throttle body
      a little bit more, it does get dirty
      [img]smile.gif[/img]
      97 3.8L Cayenne red(Dupont paint) ****Firebird****<p>Home made Ram Air + KN Air Filter<br />removed MAF screen<br />4.7K ohm in place of MAF sensor <br /> (Timing advance)<br />180* thermostat<br />Flowmaster + dual chrome tips<br />3.42 gears<br />LSD<br />Y87 Package<br />Warbird hood<br />customized TA spoiler on <br /> stock firebird spoiler<br />Wings West Front Air Dam<br />Pro AM side skirts <br />17\" gtp double 5 star polished <br /> wheels<br />Painted Calipers<br />5% tint all around<br />Taillight blackouts<br />10 Disc Sony CD changer<p>Getting 18\" Crager 980 series chrome rims<p>F Bodies hit the roof, and let the<br />rustangs(bodies) hit the floor!!!!<p><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/leera2k1/lst?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album\" target=\"_blank\">http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/leera2k1/lst?.dir=/Yahoo!+Photo+Album</a>

Comment

Thanks for the info.
        Back to back dyno's
        reason for why hp jumped
        similar temps
        Mods on the dyno
        Thanks for the good info
        Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
        nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
        2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
        2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Nice numbers dominic. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys - I really love that my torque was insanely high compared to most people I've seen but I really was hoping for more than 175rwhp...

Is 175 a good or normal number do you think?
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

sweet dude! did you go over to mobile? i'll go next time! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
              95 Med Quasar Blue Camaro M5<br />-free ram air scoop<br />-removed silencer/cut airbox<br />-slp air temp module<br />-tb bypass<br />-160* thermostat<br />-underdrive pulleys<br />-installed my own t-tops! best mod yet!

Comment

Last dyno n/a mine was 178 rwhp and 205 rwtq :(
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I think those numbers are pretty good. I havent done headers or cat back, just the other simple mods including removing the maf screen and I saw a little lower numbers. Mine is also a 97 with 104K miles on it. ;)
                  Andy Adamez<br />--------------------<br />3.8L 97 V6<br />Hurst Shifter w/ Home Made Handle, Hypertech 160 Thermo, Ported MAF, 5 Point Harness for Pass & Driver, Painted Valve Covers, Nitrous Express Wet EFI Kit

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by wilsoncj6:
                    sweet dude! did you go over to mobile? i'll go next time! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

No, Mobile FL was 100% booked for like 2 weeks with losers who were RENTING the dyno for 3-4 hrs at a time.

I instead went to a small shop in crestview that had a dynojet 248C Aboveground unit and did my thing. It was $75 for 2 runs but he gave me 3 since my car did way better than he expected...
                    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

Not that Im right in this, but...

175rwhp / 225torque = 220bhp / 283ftlbs torque.

So I gained about 20flywheel hp and approx 58ftlbs torque through my modifications :D

I can only guess my torque is so high because I have the stock 2.25" I pipe?!
                      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

The more I think about it the more I think those torque numbers are awesome, man.

Maybe I'll go back to the stock I-pipe. :D

Comment

Ok, i'm confused now. So by the readings it good to take off the MAF screen. Has anyone else done this. The last time I asked I was told that it makes the car run bad. Card. does you car run and idle ok with the screen off?? By the way, nice dyno readings there.

2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
                          5 speed
                          Project: Unreal
                          Will give details when fin.
                          2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
                          5 speed
                          Project: Unreal
                          Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
                          2007 Chevy Aveo 5
                          Mods K&N air filter:excited:
                          www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Good numbers Card :D
                            97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

My screen has been out since damn near day one. First look at it told me to take it out. Other than catch a leaf the occasionally gets sucked into the intake, I didnt see any need for it.
                              Andy Adamez<br />--------------------<br />3.8L 97 V6<br />Hurst Shifter w/ Home Made Handle, Hypertech 160 Thermo, Ported MAF, 5 Point Harness for Pass & Driver, Painted Valve Covers, Nitrous Express Wet EFI Kit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X