how much to replace (exhaust)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much to replace (exhaust)?

i know i need a new muffler, and i'm going with a dynomax. my question is how much to replace. just put in a new muffler with dual exhaust (already have dual stainless steel t/a tips), or is there anything i should replace upsteam from the muffler. i know header, etc, would be nice, but i am on a budget. i think my cat is ok. i would like to throw in a cutout if the price is <$30. would it still be worth it after the cat? is there any reason to replace the pipe between the cat and muffler on a 3.4 (restriction, etc)? what is that pipe called? my goal is to stay under $250 for muffler and install. what have you done? thanks!!! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    95 Med Quasar Blue Camaro M5<br />-free ram air scoop<br />-removed silencer/cut airbox<br />-slp air temp module<br />-tb bypass<br />-160* thermostat<br />-underdrive pulleys<br />-installed my own t-tops! best mod yet!

The pipe that connects the cat to the muffler I think is called the I-pipe. Not sure what size you should get. I left mine stock. I got a pro-street single in dual out muffler with two 3" chrome tips installed for 154.02.
    2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
    Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Comment

Wilson I'm not sure if you need tailpipes, but a 2.5" dynomax muffler alone is only 45 bucks from summit. You can get a used 2.75" pipe off a Z28 or TA. Check with a local fbody board where you live and you can probably find a guy that'll give you one at no charge. That's how I lucked out. I haven't had chance to install it yet.
      <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

is that a 2.75" i pipe? what size is our stock v6 i pipe? thanks! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
        95 Med Quasar Blue Camaro M5<br />-free ram air scoop<br />-removed silencer/cut airbox<br />-slp air temp module<br />-tb bypass<br />-160* thermostat<br />-underdrive pulleys<br />-installed my own t-tops! best mod yet!

Comment

Stock size pipe on V6s are 2.25".
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X