Problem after new exhaust install....HELP please!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem after new exhaust install....HELP please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem after new exhaust install....HELP please!!!

I just installled my 2.75 I pipe and Catco 3 inch highflow cat. I havent had a chance to put my borla rear section back on yet but ive been driving it without the borla for a few days now. Tonight I finally pulled the ecm fuses and then replaced them (to reset the computer) My car starts up and idles fine, but I took it for a test drive and when I would go to push the clutch in after accelerating the rpms would drop really low and about the 5th time I did this my car shut off (stalled) and i got the ses light. My car is a 93 camaro. Any Ideas????? Before I reset the computer it ran fine and I had no problems.
    1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

anybody?
    1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

hrm. tricky question.

i know why my RPMS do that, but thats because i have a broken bearing (basically my engine RPMS flucuate cause the crank moves away from the magnetic sensor and the PCM looses the crank signal) -- you can check this if you want by putting a screwdriver between your crank pulley and the block, and pushing the handle of the screwdriver (use the screwdriver as a lever) towards the front of the car..

if the pulley moves forward (toward the front of the car) more than .0083" -- well then you have a bad thrust bearing.

but, thats just what i have. you might also (thats gonna be ign. related) have a problem with the plugs and/or wires, as well as a EGR valve problem (see? there are lots of things that could go wrong)

suggestion : find a dealer that doesnt mind your mods. for me i had to find a Buick dealership (with the valuable help of Mike Wenski's suggestion) that dealt with Buick GN's. lots of people modify their GN's, and some dealerships have "flashable" computers that can be programmed to "ignore" your modifications and center in on the problem.

you might wanna try getting the thing diagnosed at a dealership. of course you could always try taking the car to a dealer and just getting it diagnosed without telling them about your mods...

good luck

-R

[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: Russell ]</p>

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
      Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
      West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

Take out the chip, and give it a shot just to make sure the contacts on the chip didn't happen to oxidize.

If its the same, take it to the dealer w/ the chip out. They might be able to make a case about the chip if they are stupid or lazy enough to believe it was the problem, without it in, they *cannot* deny you service *by law* because there is no way what you have done has caused that problem.

Definitely a dealer problem I think though. Maybe strang_trp could help ya too though.
        2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

I let my car idle for about 10 minutes last night (figuring that the computer would reprogram itself...???) and I just went for a drive today and there is no problem anymore---yet... But hopefully resetting the ecm was the problem. Thanks for the ideas though.

Comment

When I installed my Moroso intake, the instructions told me to disconnect the battery cable for 30 min, reconnect and do some "spirited driving" so the computer knows it can receive more air. I couldnt do any spirited driving b/c the car died everytime my revs dropped below 1500. I let it idle for few min and have never had the prob again. I think letting it idle to relearn will take care of your prob.

[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: srogersilkl ]</p>
            RED 1995 CAMARO 3.4L<br />Moroso cai, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, B&M Shifter, Flowmaster 80-Series Muffler, Polygraphite Sway Bar Bushings, Endlinks, and Panhard Rod Bushings

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X