SLP Cold Air Intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP Cold Air Intake?

I recently bought a 97 3.8 Firebird. After i pay it off(Witch im almost done with) i want to do some mods to it to make it quick. I thought one of the best places to start would be a Cold Air intake. And i have been doing some Research online and it looks like SLP makes a good Intake system. What do u guys think? Also how much HP do u think i will gain at the Wheels and at the Crank? Thanks.
    Eric
    1997 Firebird M5<br />Bright Red<br />Mods: SLP Intake, Autometer A/F Gauge, Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, BMR STB, Cragar SS rims W/ Nittos on front and BFG drags on back <br /><br />Stock Dyno Numbers: 170hp and 210lbs TQ

Definitely do the SLP cai first! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] After that maybe buy a catback exhaust system.
    1996 Camaro RS Bright Red<br />3.8L V6 A4 3.42\'s<br />K&N Filtercharger<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler<br />Y87 Performance Package

Comment

Yeah i think i will go with the SLP CAI. I want to do a full exaust system after that. Headers and all. Im thinking for the Cat back i will go with Magnaflow. I like the way they sound. And im sick of Flowmaster everyone has them and it all sounds the same.
      1997 Firebird M5<br />Bright Red<br />Mods: SLP Intake, Autometer A/F Gauge, Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, BMR STB, Cragar SS rims W/ Nittos on front and BFG drags on back <br /><br />Stock Dyno Numbers: 170hp and 210lbs TQ

Comment

Magnaflow is a good choice. Just be sure when you do your exhaust work from the rear to the front. (i.e. Cat-back, high flow cat, then headers.)
        1996 Camaro RS Bright Red<br />3.8L V6 A4 3.42\'s<br />K&N Filtercharger<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler<br />Y87 Performance Package

Comment

Yeah i like Magnaflow. Y do u say do from the back to the front first?

Comment

I love the way the Magnaflow (catback) looks but haven't heard them. Why are there so many negative reviews on them ...I know its a straight through muffler (no chambers) and with our stock cat and 3.8 I imagine that it could get raspy-but then so does my triflow (although I'm keeping my Triflow, overall [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
            1998 3.8 Camaro A4, <br />B&B Triflow CatBack,Whisper Lid, <br />1987 s10 Blazer 350 V8 shift kit,

Comment

i dont know about the SLP cai, but i have the RK sports version and i love it. its probaly a little harder to install since it has a ram air plate which you have to work in under the radiator support brace, but its worth it
              -----2k pewter camaro A4-----------<br />*Rk Sport Ram Air<br />*Bypassed Air Silencer<br />*2.5\" to 3\" cat-back exhaust<br />*3.42 LSD<br />*Racing Strips, rims, carbon fiber grill, painted interior

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                1 day ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X