Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to reset the computer?

Hey guys,
    After installing a CAI, new CAT, and 3" catback my car is running rich. Ive got new plugs wires, fuel fliter etc. Ive checked the O2's and they look fine and rechecked and regapped the plugs which look smutty from the rich condition. The car stumbles on hard acceleration. Do i need to reset the ecm. If so whats the best way do this? Dissconnect the battery or pull the Ecm Fuse?

Thanks!!!
    94 CAMARO 3.4 M5, PACESETTER 3\" CAT BACK, HOMEADE CAI W/K&N FILTER<br />HIGH FLOW CAT, CLEAR CORNERS, WADE CLEAR HEADLIGHT COVERS,HOOKER 3\" DUAL TIPS<br /> <br />68 Z/28 ALL THE GOODIES<br />70 Olds Cutlass 310 hp factory 350<br />74 Dodge Dart 340 drag car

Oh yeah forgot to add that i am getting no SES light.
    94 CAMARO 3.4 M5, PACESETTER 3\" CAT BACK, HOMEADE CAI W/K&N FILTER<br />HIGH FLOW CAT, CLEAR CORNERS, WADE CLEAR HEADLIGHT COVERS,HOOKER 3\" DUAL TIPS<br /> <br />68 Z/28 ALL THE GOODIES<br />70 Olds Cutlass 310 hp factory 350<br />74 Dodge Dart 340 drag car

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 94V6ER:
      Hey guys,
      After installing a CAI, new CAT, and 3" catback my car is running rich. Ive got new plugs wires, fuel fliter etc. Ive checked the O2's and they look fine and rechecked and regapped the plugs which look smutty from the rich condition. The car stumbles on hard acceleration. Do i need to reset the ecm. If so whats the best way do this? Dissconnect the battery or pull the Ecm Fuse?
      <hr></blockquote>

Reset - NO! The PCM will still have to adjust itself. A power loss to the PCM takes it back to the factory base values, which are adjusted during normal driving - so you lose the present operating information.

[ February 25, 2002: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]</p>
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X