SLP CAI = SES Light HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP CAI = SES Light HELP!

Ok, i installed my SLP CAI on my 97 Camaro the other day...YES i hooked up the little sensor correctly, the filters are on all the way and everything else is tightened properly...

Why is my SES light on?? I even put my stock intake assembly back on, the light went off...reinstalled the CAI....light came on shortly after.

Someone help me =(

anybody?

Comment

Hmm... that's really strange. The only thing I could have thought of was the IAT sensor, but you said you've got that rigged up properly. Maybe someone else will have an idea?

EDIT: I suppose the only other thing I can think of doing at this point would be to get hooked up to a scanner and see what codes you're throwing.

[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: RacerJ ]</p>
      -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

I DIDN'T set a code with mine, FWIW. I have a 97 3.8L 5-speed, and added the SLP twin tube with no problem. It's probably loose somewhere, and you might be stretching a wire for or connected to the IAT harness.
        Scan the code.
        -Rob
        <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

how would i scan the code??

and i did have to sorta stretch the wire....would that mess something up?

Comment

this is tricky, cuz mine did it to, the damn thing stayed on, but its been bout a month or so, then i reset my computer and the light came off, its stayed off for a couple of days now, so maybe it could be just the computer having to reset itself maybe i mean i have no idea, but it does have to re-adjust to the new added air intake i mean the cai flows a bunch more air then the stock, so maybe the computer is trying to adjust itself and its throwing a light, so i would say just drive it around for a while like it is and then reset the computer then see if the light is still on. thats what i did, it has stayed off for a couple of days anyways, so you never know, i ll let you know if it comes back on.

but heck i never know, it seems to work so i just put together the only explaination i could think of so maybe i helped ya out prob not though good luck
            1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

did u experience a weird "whoooooosh" sound when starting the car???

Comment

The sucking air sound is normal. :cool:

As for how to scan the codes - Do you have an AutoZone near you? I'm told that they'll scan them for free.

If not, see if you can find someone nearby with a scanner.

Otherwise you'll have to buy one or find some other place (perhaps a dealership?) that will scan it for you for a fee.

EDIT: Oh, and the scanner would hook up to the plug that's under your dash on the driver's side; right under the steering wheel basically. It'll let you pull the codes from the computer and clear the SES light.

[ February 25, 2002: Message edited by: RacerJ ]</p>
                -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X