Whistling Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whistling Exhaust

I've been noticing lately that all the ghetto peeps are putting huge blinging wheels on 90's GM mid-size (ie. Regal, olds Eighty Eight,etc) and have a single Camaro Z28 tip at the rear. But the thing is when they speed by at 80mph I hear this "shhhhhh" kind of whoosing sound that reminds me of those whistling tips that are now illegal.
    Anyone know what I'm talking about?? Did they put something in the tip?
    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

i've seen something on ebay that you put in your pipe and its suppposed to make it sound supercharged. that may be it
    1997 Camaro LS1 RS
    1994 Camaro - Sold
    1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

If you have a cold air kit your intake will make a slight whistling sound when you apply throttle on cold nights. Some people don't notice because their exhaust is too loud, but now that I have a mellow exhaust note it's very obvious. I think it sounds pretty cool though.
      2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

I'm purdy sure its not the intake, he was like 3 or 4 lanes away on the freeway and this hissing/pssst-ing sound was like an aftermarket exhaust volume loud and only when you see it's tailend do you really hear it.
        1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

they are called whistle tips they started to be a fad in oakland california, its basically a small metal bar with a 3/8 inch hole in the center that has been welded inside the tip itself, creating the whistle effect. around my area you were able to hear these cars a mile away, they sound like a frieght train to me
          I will take on all comers...or come on all takers!!! Whichever you prefer.

Comment

the other noise you refer to, the shhhhhhhhhhh noise...on an old regal or something.....i know that answer, thats a real bad exhaust leak.....ya thats it

Comment

Originally posted by FlamespikeMST1:
              they are called whistle tips they started to be a fad in oakland california, its basically a small metal bar with a 3/8 inch hole in the center that has been welded inside the tip itself, creating the whistle effect. around my area you were able to hear these cars a mile away, they sound like a frieght train to me
              OMG LOL!!! go to www.ebaumsworld.com and watch the video. theres this funny black guy who explains them to this news lady. he says random funny things like 'the whistles go wooooooooooo' and crap like that, if i wasnt at school i could link you better

Comment

lol, ya ive seen him, his name is bubb rubb
                "they whistles go whooo whoooooooo"
                i was dying when he said "brefus"
                "they should be up cook brefus or something"
                awww heck. anyways did u notice how he drove his ugly supra, almost hit a parked car, and ran thru the stop sign
                ignorance-kids dont do drugs

Comment

she loves whistle tips :cool:
                  \'98 Camaro V6<br />Appearance... pleasing<br />Performance... just a little extra air.

Comment

In that case, i think id better install some pronto

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X