Loud exhaust. Dynamat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud exhaust. Dynamat?

I have a 3 inch TSP rumbler with some mufflers at the end of em. Its really loud inside the car. I hate when the car rattles and the change in my cup holder makes noise, it makes the car feel cheap. Would sound deadening the car help with the noise? Would there be a way for me to make the car quiet on the inside?
    Mystic Teal Metallic
    ET:15.1 NA 14.3@96 MPH 75 Dry Shot

i did the rear hatch area, it helped cure the drone a good bit.
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

A nice thick spray of undercoat under the hatch area (on the undercarriage not inside the car) helped in conjunction with the dynamat I put in. I have headers, catco 3" catalytic converter, and a Loudmouth cat-back setup and this honestly cut down a LOT on the ear piercing volume but it still drones very loud.
      3.42 gears w/ LSD,<br />Headers, Cat delete, Loudmouth,<br />SLP intake, K&N, Whisper Lid, <br />EGR delete

Comment

my whole trunk/hatch area is dynomatted and it cuts down a lot on the noise. my exhaust sounds quiet to me and i have headers,high flow cat, and rumbler. its a good thing to do when you have passengers in the car b/c they will complain its too loud.
        94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          3 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X