code 1441

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• code 1441

My car was setting off the ses light. Had it scanned 1441(evap). Did a search but it didnt totally answer my question. Does that code mean i have to change the egr valve? i already checked my gas cap and that aint it cause i always make sure i turn it 100 times when i put it back on. Can anyone that had that same code help me out before i spend a ton of money to get it fixed?
    96 Polo Green Camaro<br /><br />Slp Cai,Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back,Catco cat,3.42 Posi rear, KMC Floss Rims 275/45/17 rear 235/45 front

I read the Haynes manual and it said the evap and egr vavle are two completely different systems. That means one has nothing to do with the other right?
    96 Polo Green Camaro<br /><br />Slp Cai,Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back,Catco cat,3.42 Posi rear, KMC Floss Rims 275/45/17 rear 235/45 front

Comment

the two systems are completely different and not associated in any way. The 2 leading causes for evap codes are 1..gas cap not sealing properly, maybe the 100 turns that you give it every time have worn it out and now it is not sealing..2 or 3 clicks will suffice 2. faulty canister purge solenoid..these will go bad and not close the vent and therefore you have a leak in the evap system.
      2005 Magnum

Comment

Whenever i pull off the gas cap, i hear the releasing sound of pressure so it cant be the gas cap right? Maybe its the cannister. i think its a common misconception that EVAP problems are associated with the egr valve. Thats the first response i get from most people when i tell them i pulled the 1441 code.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X