Wild V6/60 deg. V6 intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild V6/60 deg. V6 intake

Ran across this picture of a wild intake set up for the 60 dregee V6s. It's made by Ryan Falconer Racing Engines. Didn't know if anyone had seen it before. Just want to share. Would look bad *** under the hood of a 4th gen IMO.
    Fuel Injected air horn crossram

[ May 27, 2002: Message edited by: Shay ]</p>

individual runner manifold,like weber carbs,they use that for racing :D
    Did you see a price on that? I'd bet its two arms and a leg :eek:
    Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

As far as price, I couldn't tell ya, you would have to ask Ryan Falconerthis design is atlest as old as 1988. What i do know is that it has a hellaciously wide torque curve. But as for racing sure, but any F.I. setup can be maintained through an aftermarket ECM.

Comment

yep seen it before. The 60* v6 was used in alot of racing series and many race engiens have been built out of it.

Comment

Yep, thats a racing intake all right. Individual throttle plate for each cylinder. Efficient but expensive.

Comment

Would it pass inspection?
            <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

real question is how big of a hole in the hod would you have to cut to get it ot fit, and I highly doubt it would pass an emissions test.

Comment

As long as some careful planning was taken to reintroduce the exhaust gases back in to the intake and whatever else I don't see why it coln't be made to pass emissions. Speaking frm an engineerig point of view anything can be done. Atleast in Montgomery co. Ohio they just look at the end result(tailpipe)and a good working catalitic converter shop be able to count for any increase in exhaust gas emissions. I know that in OH that say for instance you blow your V6 engine tht i is legal to replace it wit any drivtrain designed for that year and chassis. So you col replace it with V8 and stil pass the emissions Legally. As far as I understand the law there.
                As to fitment, of course there is a hieght restricton but you might squeeze it in there by modifying the fuel injection lines wth fuel rails and the air horns might need to be replaced with a ducted setup or shortened to be at home in the engine compartment. But in the end imagine the Oh My God facor [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img] when you pop the hood and people crowd around. Just nice tobrainstorm something dfferent every now and again. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Comment

The big ? is can that be run of the stock cpu?
                  It would be killer to have that intake, aluminum heads,10.5 cr custom pistons,the big solid cam from crane,and a 100 horse n2o fogger on a 3.4
                  hows than on the omg factor :eek: [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
                  ...that intake looks like it'll fit under a cowl hood...

[ May 27, 2002: Message edited by: wolf ]</p>
                  Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

Pro Action out of Australia makes a setup kinda like that for their 14* small block chevy heads, its looks even cooler than that setup, but its
                    expensive!!
                    <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

just have custom piping done routing it to the openings in a ram air h.o. or raptor hood. talk about true ram air. :D
                      2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        3 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X