Dynomax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynomax

Does anyone have a sound clip of what it sounds like on a V6 3.8?
    <a href=\"http://alternatebw.homestead.com/files/cam19.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Camaro 3800II Y87 A4</a> (SOLD)<p>NEW CAR:<br />2003 Ford Mustang

dont have a sound clip, but just from my personal experience, my roomate has the dynomax super turbo exhaust and i have the flowmaster 80s, i still like mine better no matter what everyone else says, everyone says they get ricey above 3000 RPM but mine really doesnt unless its not running right, usually it has a very low tone through the rpm bands (although my car rarely runs right)
    i think my roomates sounds a bit too ricey, especially at idle, mine sounds almost like a v8 at idle but his sounds nowhere near it
    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

I've heard flowmasters on a 96 Firebird and (catback by the way) it was a lot louder than a dynomax is (on my friends TBI 3rd gen). The ONLY reason I am going for Dynomax and Not Flowmaster (or Edelbrock) is because dynomax catbacks are $141.00 and Edelbrock and Flowmaster are more than double that...

Edit: and you get the same gain with any catback system (so I have heard) and I might as well buy the dynomax [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ February 26, 2002: Message edited by: Liquid Silver ]</p>
      <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

Where are you going to get a dynomax cat-back system for $141.00??
        95 3.4 Firebird (White)<br />Green Neon under car lights<br />Flowmaster muffler<br />Sony Cd Changer

Comment

Hmm, I don't know about the ENTIRE catback, but right now I've started ordering up the parts to re-do my exhaust from the cat and will be putting on a Dynomax and here's what I've got:

-You can get a Dynomax 2.5" I-pipe for $69 from RaceSearch.com ($82 shipped, I just ordered it yesterday... [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) PN 47696

-Dynomax SuperTurbo muffler, 2.5" in/dual 2.5" out, listed on Jegs.com at $50. PN 17739

The rest is pretty much optional.

[ February 26, 2002: Message edited by: RacerJ ]</p>
          -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

If you want power go with the flow. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] but if you want overall sound go with dynomax or borla. Dynomax dont have the v8 rumble that me and Jhonathans flows have. Its just what you want.
            2001 Sunset Orange Camaro A4<br />Best times:<br />N/A--14.3<br />60\'--1.98<br />NOS 125--????

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RacerJ:

-You can get a Dynomax 2.5" I-pipe for $69 from RaceSearch.com ($82 shipped, I just ordered it yesterday... [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) PN 47696

<hr></blockquote>

OMG, I knew it existed somewhere and finally someone comes forward with a PN! If that is a mandrel bent pipe (im assuming since its coming from dynomax as opposed to a local shop) then I'm ordering it tonight. Seriously, this post needs to go in the mods encyclopedia because there have been numerous posts looking for a 2.5" mandrel bent I-pipe. Thank you RacerJ

Comment

I can't even begin to tell you the man hours that I put into looking for a mandrel-bent 2.5" I-pipe, but to no avail. I had pretty much given up hope when I heard a few whispers that "I heard such-and-such part was a 2.5"..." and I finally got the 47696 P/N, and even was able to find it on RaceSearch.com, but as you will see, it doesn't tell you what the part is! Just says "component." (Helpful that, eh? :rolleyes: ) But then, FINALLY, just a few days ago I saw a post and shot a few e-mails between a guy on this board (his name's Josh, but I can't remember what his board name is...) who had actually bought this miracle product. ;) Seems he had been given the P/N by someone and took a gamble ordering it, hoping it was the right part. ...And it was. :D And when I called RaceSearch, they didn't have the product description in their catalog, but they gave me the Dynomax tech # to call (why didn't I do that to begin with? D'oh! [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] ) and they verified the part and that they do have some in stock, though speaking to them it seemed unclear whether they were out of production or not.

In any case, here's what you've got:

Dynomax
                Part Number: 47696
                Description: 2.5" Mandrel-Bent Intermediate Pipe
                Listed Application: '93-'95 5.7L Camaro/Firebird
                Available From: RaceSearch.com
                List Price: $68.99

The Dynomax tech guy said it comes with the S-pipe, but I don't think he understood what I was talking about. Josh says his didn't have it. So no S-pipe. Mine should be here next week, so I'll let you know for sure then.

Hope that helps.

-James
                -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bradley Palmer:
                  If you want power go with the flow. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] but if you want overall sound go with dynomax or borla. Dynomax dont have the v8 rumble that me and Jhonathans flows have. Its just what you want.<hr></blockquote>

Its the other way around...if you want sound go with flowmaster...if you want the performance and durability go with Dynomax or Borla. Dynomax is straight through in design for increased flow. Flowmasters are all cut up into little chambers.

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                  <b>.::[ 0 ]::.</b><br /><b>1997 Camaro 3800 II M5</b> (30th edition)<br />[]B&M Ripper Shifter<br />[]Proform Shift Light<br />[]SLP Cold Air<br />[]Dynomax Exhaust<br />[]Richmond 3.73\'s<br />[]Zexel-Torsen LSD<br />[]180* Thermostat<br />[]Tail Blackouts<br /><a href=\"http://photos.yahoo.com/skyracer_x\" target=\"_blank\">pics</a>

Comment

marco, ive raced my roomates v6 camaro 3.8 with dynomax, for the most part our mods are very similar except hes running a LSD rear, he has had dynomax for about 2 months or so and had about enough time for a basic burnin and he so far hasnt been able to outrun me, he cant launch worth crap but his muffler didnt help his performance, mine helped as much or more than his
                    R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

Jhonathan, when you raced him right after he put on his Dynomax, he pulled on you. You remember that don't you? Het ready, I get exhaust soon and then you are gonna have to spend more to beat me. hehe
                      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Ive had both on my 3.4... Dynomax and Flowmaster. The Dynomax has a ricey idle and makes it sound like a generic V6, reminds me the most of the early 90s pont transport vans. The flowmaster makes it sound like a strong V8 at idle and it carrys that sound to around 3000rpm, then it gets a little higher pitched. When i gutted the cat, the car got a little deeper toned but is ALOT louder. Its common to set off car alarms in parking garages. Performance wise, truthfully i think the dynomax was quicker in the 1/4mi, but who cares, its a V6. If you want the sound and power of an LT1, buy one.
                        Ric Johnson<br />----------------<br />1995 Pro AM III #12<br />3.4 A4<br />KN FIPK intake with ram air mod<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />RKSport IAT sensor <br />ASP Underdrive pullys<br />TB Bypass<br />PF52 larger oil filter<br />3.42 non posi rear end<br />DeCarbon Trans Am shocks<br />Eibach pro series springs<br />B&M Shift Plus+ (best $40 ive ever spent)<br />Custom made billet alum front end inserts<br />Interior trim painted to match the car<br />Awia CD player with factory bose sound system<br />Viper alarm system<br /><a href=\"http://www.proam.webhop.org/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.proam.webhop.org/</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheBeast:

OMG, I knew it existed somewhere and finally someone comes forward with a PN! If that is a mandrel bent pipe (im assuming since its coming from dynomax as opposed to a local shop) then I'm ordering it tonight. Seriously, this post needs to go in the mods encyclopedia because there have been numerous posts looking for a 2.5" mandrel bent I-pipe. Thank you RacerJ
                          <hr></blockquote>

Ok, so I lied. I just ordered the dynomax 3" I-pipe and 3" over axle pipe. A friend of mine had success with this setup so I will give it a try. The over-axle pipe is shipping, but the 3" I-pipe is on backorder and should ship out next week. Total for both parts was $98 shipped from summit racing. I think you also need a shop to make an S-pipe to connect the I-pipe to the cat but that should cost very little.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X