Questions about flowmaster 80 series inlet size - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about flowmaster 80 series inlet size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about flowmaster 80 series inlet size

I want to get a flowmaster 80 series, but the one i can get for a good price from a guy has is 3" inlet and 2.5" out. Will this fit with my stock pipes? i dont want to get all new pipes. And is it worth getting a high flow cat? thanks I know this might have been answered before but i did a search and couldnt find an answer.

Thats the one I got from summit racing for $87 shipped. 3" in and 2.5" out. My stock piping is 2.25". If you take it to a muffler shop, they will be able to put a coupler in there to make the two compatable... i just had it done last week... sounds awesome. Mine is all stock, but hearsay is that if u ger a high flow cat, u will need an o2 sim... 50/50 chance. because your computer does something funky... maybe someone else could explain this better
    94 bird 3.4L Racing Green<br />80 series flowmaster<br />3 1/2\" Chrome tips<br />Deck, amp, sub, and upgraded speakers<br />Delphi XM<br />5 spoke 99 Trans Am Rims<br />Clear Corners<br />Sylvania Silverstar Lights

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Whyildkatt:
      but hearsay is that if u ger a high flow cat, u will need an o2 sim... 50/50 chance. because your computer does something funky... maybe someone else could explain this better<hr></blockquote>

You pretty much said it. I had my highflow cat for about 3 months and no SES light....so far
      <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        3 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X