X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the loudest muffler?

wassup yal i just want to know whats the loudest
    muffler.cause i got flowmasters but it sounds weak
    i need more noise.i know a cutout will do it but for right now i need something thats going to wake the dead. right now im still stock all the way from the front to the to the flows i guess.any help would be ummmm helpful ;)
    1995 3.4L Camillion Firebird<p>Mods: flowmaster,Custom 3inch cutout,Moroso Air intake,2000 firebird rear lights(really makes a diff),fog lights,B&M Quick shifter,Custom Automatic short shifter handle,<p>Upcomming Mods:Pulleys,3 inch Cat,Power chip,headers,gears.. WHICH = ALOT OF MONEY....

the loudest muffler is no muffler. [img]smile.gif[/img]

muffler's root = to muffle...to make quieter...hope this helps yea. :D

Comment

Why not do the cutout right now instead of a muffler? Cutout's a lot cheaper then a muffler anyways. If you still want it louder after the cutout, then take off your cat.
      Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

I heard slps 'loudmouth' exhaust can make eardrums bleed and glass to break. in or outside the car.
        <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

Loudmouth's supposedly sound like sh*t on V6's though. Good for V8's, bad for V6's.
          Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

First of all, you probably dont have "flowmasters", but rather a flowmaster muffler. (I hate it when people say that) Secondly, if you want a really loud muffler your best bet would be to take the stock muffler and empty all the material on the inside out, or just take the muffler off altoghether.
            1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

just strait pipe it after the cat..thats what i did and it sounds awesome and is louder then anyting else ive heard on a v6

Comment

Straight pipe with new cat will bust ear drums. That is how I do my Borla a lot of times.
                2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

he didnt ask for what you think he should do, he said whats the loudest muffler.....pff....my friend says tri-flow is the loudest :cool:

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                  05' CTS-V
                  00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

the only way he is goona get it to be super loud like he wants it..and like I have it..is to strait pipe after the cat

Comment

do u have a cutout? and what type of muffler do
                      u have?
                      1995 3.4L Camillion Firebird<p>Mods: flowmaster,Custom 3inch cutout,Moroso Air intake,2000 firebird rear lights(really makes a diff),fog lights,B&M Quick shifter,Custom Automatic short shifter handle,<p>Upcomming Mods:Pulleys,3 inch Cat,Power chip,headers,gears.. WHICH = ALOT OF MONEY....

Comment

i dont run a cut out or a muffler =)..just pipe after the cat

Comment

ran no muffler with stock piping for like 2 days b4 i put my dynomax on!! oddly it sounded GREAT :D .. but i like my dynomax.. takes the edge off the high rpm revs.........
                          MODS. (small yet noticable)<br />-Dynomax exhaust<br />-umm, custom intake lid & air silencer w/K&N (Cheap!)<br />-T/A rear bumper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                            New Owner!
                            by LETZRIDE
                            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                            4 days ago
                          • ssms5411
                            Little work today
                            by ssms5411
                            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • LETZRIDE
                            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X