Aftermarket exhaust performance -vs- Y87 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket exhaust performance -vs- Y87

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket exhaust performance -vs- Y87

Hey guys,

I've been trying to do some research into exhaust systems. I'm currently leaning towards a B&B exhaust system, because of what I have read on this board, and it is the only one I have seen actual dyno sheets for. However, I have a couple questions.

1) Is the B&B a full 3" cat back system? I have not found any mention of that anywhere. It may be stated in the exhaust mods page link from the "Mods encylopedia" page on this web site, but I cannot get the link to work. BTW-The guys that created that Mods Encylopedia page did a great job!

2) All of the dyno sheets I have seen are in comparison to the stock single outlet exhaust. Not the dual outlet Y87. So my question is should I expect to see the same gains if I replace my Y87 as a single oultet would?

Sometimes I think the more I learn about things, the more confused I get :rolleyes:
    2002 Camaro V6, M5, Black, T-tops, Y87, Monsoon, and Leather!<br />**Current Mods** : Wisper Lid, Hurst Billet Shifter, Free CAI.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Eds02v6:
    Hey guys,

I've been trying to do some research into exhaust systems. I'm currently leaning towards a B&B exhaust system, because of what I have read on this board, and it is the only one I have seen actual dyno sheets for. However, I have a couple questions.

1) Is the B&B a full 3" cat back system? I have not found any mention of that anywhere. It may be stated in the exhaust mods page link from the "Mods encylopedia" page on this web site, but I cannot get the link to work. BTW-The guys that created that Mods Encylopedia page did a great job!

2) All of the dyno sheets I have seen are in comparison to the stock single outlet exhaust. Not the dual outlet Y87. So my question is should I expect to see the same gains if I replace my Y87 as a single oultet would?

Sometimes I think the more I learn about things, the more confused I get :rolleyes:
    <hr></blockquote>

ALmost all cat backs will be about the same hp, however they will move the torque curve on you depending on the diam of the piping. B&B is just a nice system all the way around and is one of if not the best in quality.
    <a href=\"http://www.lmperformance.com\" target=\"_blank\">LMPerformance</a><br /> <a href=\"mailto:Sales@LMPerformance.com\">Sales@LMPe rformance.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X