SLP CAI for 95-97's ....question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP CAI for 95-97's ....question.

Hey guys n' gals. What (if anything) did you guys do to the enclosure around the 2 filters to allow more air in? I'm thinking of drilling some holes in there to allow more cold air... don't want to increase the chances of water getting it though I suppose.

Any suggestions?
    THanks...
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Cut out a hole in the plastic piece under the car directly under the filters and install a small scoop :D Be sure to put a screen in it to prevent leaves or other large objects from getting and clogging it up [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RedbirdV6:
      Cut out a hole in the plastic piece under the car directly under the filters and install a small scoop :D Be sure to put a screen in it to prevent leaves or other large objects from getting and clogging it up [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Or *cough* small animals. It would be sad to be driving down the road and have your filter plugged by a squirrel or something.

Comment

Hey Redbird, did you do it? pics?
        1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ravenp:
          Hey Redbird, did you do it? pics?<hr></blockquote>

Here it is if you want it. Its for the LT-1 but the procedure is the same.

LT1 Ram Air Scoop

Comment

i did a small scoop like that and i already had a cai, and i didn't feel $hit. i bought an a/c duct elbow. it basically looks like a huge scoop about 3.5x10in. and put it in that same location and right after install went on 250mi. highway trip and felt a huge difference at high speeds. i did not like the fact that it scrapped on everything and eventually got crumpled so badly i took it off. now i have a totally diff. set up.
            96 wht. firebird 5sd. rk sport headers,3in.catco, spintech catback,CAI,FRA,3.42/lsd 180*t-stat, centerforce dual friction clutch, ls1 driveshaft, polyurethane trans. mount.<br />01 blk. z28 m6, borla exht, lid, k<br />+n, sfc., chrome 18in. y2k c5 wheels.

Comment

This is the upgrade I did, but I used a wider scoop, and I did feel a difference. Especially in the warmer weather. I also noted that the sound was a lot better thru my Exhaust.

FIPK Upgrade

At the bottom of the page there are some other links to pics and mods to my car. Hop this helps.
              -JinX

BTW mine never scrapes, unless your car is lowered or you made the mouth too low, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

Comment

JinX, i like your setup...thanks for the info. I am going to have to do something here.

I guess it's harder for you to change a turnsignal bulb now though eh? : )

Comment

They were already a pain in the butt. But to tell you the truth when I put it in, I replaced the turn bulbs anyway with long life bulbs. [img]smile.gif[/img] I didn't even want to try after it was on. The car will be resting in a shallow unmarked grave before the bulbs need to be replaced. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  -JinX

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    3 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X