BORLA vs.DYNOMAX/FLOWMASTER/OTHERS ALL RESPOND PLEASE!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BORLA vs.DYNOMAX/FLOWMASTER/OTHERS ALL RESPOND PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BORLA vs.DYNOMAX/FLOWMASTER/OTHERS ALL RESPOND PLEASE!!!

Y IS THE BORLA EXHAUST OR ANY OTHER STANINLESS STEEL MUFFLER BETTER THAN DYNOMAX/FLOWMASTER/AEROCHAMBER AND SO ON AND SO FORTH. IF IT I THE FULL 3" EXHAUST SYSTEM CAN U SEE THE SAME PERFOMANE WITH A I PIPE AND S PIPE. DO U NOTICE MORE POWER WITHA BORLA OR B7B TRIFLOW VS ALL THE OTHERS. THE REASON I ASK IS BECAUSE I HAVE THE MONEY FOR A BORLA BUT WANT TO KNOW IF THERE IS A GRAVE DIFFERENCE. I HAVE A 3" PIPE MANDREL BENT W/ A FLOWMASTER. SHOULD I STAY W/ THAT AND JUST CHANGE THE REAR SECTION OR GO WITH THE FULL BORLA SYSTEM OR JUST THE CATBACK SYSTEM.
    Its not a Camaro, Its a FIREBIRD!!!!

#1: Press that caps lock key. It's located right above your left Shift key, and directly below the key labelled Tab.

Anyways... :D The main reason Borla shows the best performance gains and flow increases, is because it basically consists of a muffler, and a cutout. It's the only exhaust (that I know of) that has a cutout built in, with the adjustable plate. So basically, if you simply put a cutout on your i-pipe, and upgraded to 3" pipes if you haven't already, you'd be flowing the same as a Borla system. Personally, if I were spending that much money on an exhaust system, I'd get B&B. Borla, I think, sounds great deep, but sounds like a$$ as high-RPM's... even worse then a normal muffler and a cutout. B&B is deeper all the way through the RPM band.

If you wanna save money, just get some 3" pipes and a cutout. Then you'll have leftover $$ for other mods... maybe a shift kit, tq convertor, etc. If you wanna spend a lot of money on exhaust, I'd say go with B&B.
    Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

As for a comparison of sound on a 3.4 V6, I really liked the flowmaster a lot better. Actually I liked when I had the stock cat and S pipe with my American Thunder on my 3.8 over the sound of a B&B TriFlow with headers which he agreed with me on. May be because I beat him when we raced and he got a good listen to my exhaust and I couldn't really hear is behind me.

Oh yeah, I don't plan on keeping my car till it falls apart and Borla's stainless steel and Flowmasters aluminized steel will last way longer than it will take for me to trade this car in on a Z06.
      1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

the regular Flowmaster 80 series isnt that great...

i went ahead and got the American Thunder system by flowmaster.... MUCH BETTER. its my personal favorite
        96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

I had a flowmaster with 2.5 pipes all the way, i hated it, too raspy, I now have a dyno max, it isnt as loud at idle, but when you get on, you can definetly hear it, and it soesnt buzz or resonate or anythign like that, just like putting a micraphone up to your stock exhaust. two thumbs up for dynomax. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Edelbrock.

one of the cheapest catbacks (cause it doesnt come with tips) and one of the best sounding, IMO.

It doesnt get raspy, and isnt all that loud...but it is nice and deep and it still gives you a nice kick in the a$$ when you drop it into 3rd at 60mph :D

Plus the tone at 5000 RPMs is lovely

:D
            *Knight*
            <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/adamon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Firechicken</a><br /><b>15.19@91.61</b><br /><i>It Rocks Your Panties</i><p>Daily Driver: <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/pimpnon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1990 Pontiac Trans Sport SE</a><br />Most recent mod: Mounted an Evan on the dashboard.

Comment

Just a few small corrections, the Flowmaster American Thunder can be had for less than $300 and doesn't include tips however the aluminized pipe doesn't really look that bad, just not as nice as what I wanted.

The American Thunder cat backs use 80 series mufflers. The only reason I got it is because it came with a 3" I pipe and this was before I found out that Dynomax makes a 3" I pipe that I could have got for $97 plus tax.
              1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X