Question On Borla Dual Intercooled Exhaust Tips - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question On Borla Dual Intercooled Exhaust Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question On Borla Dual Intercooled Exhaust Tips

I was thinking about swapping my tips for some borla dual intercooled tips. I like the look. The Q is; are they suppose to mellow out or deepen your exhaust tone, and do those style tips have resonators??

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Nobody has any info???
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

No they are not resonated and I didn't notice any change in exhaust tone. They are to small to change the tone. The bigger the tip the deeper the sound, say a 3" tip would give you deeper sound. These are only 2 1/2" quads and don't deepen the sound in my opinion. All resonated tips do is quite down the sound, and don't make it deeper. If you want a deeper none ricey sound definatly trash the Flowmaster. No way to make it sound good in my opinion. :D Go with a Dynomax or Magnaflow.

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: RedbirdV6 ]</p>
      97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

all the tips do is make it so the outside isn't hot to the touch. tips are awesome though. love my borla
        i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X