SLP 85MM Mass Air Flow Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP 85MM Mass Air Flow Sensor

Found this at TTPerformance.net. They say it will work with a V6. Just wondering if anyone had ever used it and what performance gains should be expected.

??

prolly too large but i wouldn't be surprised if it worked. there are grand prix guys modifying stock LS1 maf's to work on their car.
    i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

The MAF is part of the Throttle Body on a 3800 V6. You can't install a separate MAF, that's for LT1 and LS1 engines which have a separate MAF and TB.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

yeah but it's not like you can't just disconnect the current maf and plug it in the LS1. sure your old MAF would still be there but you could bore it out completely. again, however, it's large enough stock so you wouldn't need too.
        i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Comment

You can't use a LT1 or LS1 engine MAF sensor. I already checked into it. The output signal is different than the 3800 MAF sensor. And the SLP site does not say it can be used on a V6.

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...RTNUMBER=23060

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]</p>
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

there are grand prix gtp guys using stock lt1 MAF's, but our TB's are different so that could be why?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FirebirdGT:
              You can't use a LT1 or LS1 engine MAF sensor. I already checked into it. The output signal is different than the 3800 MAF sensor. And the SLP site does not say it can be used on a V6.

FirebirdGT ]
              <hr></blockquote>

I respectfully disagree. It will work to an extent. For the GTP/LS1 maf the ls1 MAF is a little leaner. I am in the process of getting the LS1 TB and MAF working. I have have connected the LS1 maf and it does work, but is leaner like I stated. However I AM boring the SC to match the 75.5 diameter of the TB. In conjuction with a MAFT, there are gains to be maid on a L67. Now for a L36, I am betting the gains would be minimal if you don't have a blower.

It would probably be easier for you guys to upgrade to a L67 TB(70MM) since yours is 65mm. 85mm is just ridiculous.

FYI, it would be useless to put a larger maf/TB on if you don't open up the intake manifold as well. It will probably flow worse.

DEE
              1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FirebirdGT:

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...RTNUMBER=23060

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]
                <hr></blockquote>

Ok yea, The slp site does not say it will work. But this site does www.TTPerformance.net. I didnt think it was possible either being the maf inside our throttle body. Just thought I woulld check.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X