My mods and results.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mods and results.

OK ya'll here is what I've got and done. And the G-Tech readings we took. And all mods are cumulative unless otherwise specified.

Bone stock=182rwhp 10.5 1/8th mile

Free LS1 ram air mod, put a piece of 3" PVC in between the stock lid (after I knocked out the vanes), removed the screen at the intake neck.=208rwhp 10.0 1/8th mile

3” Dynomax muffler attached to stock pipe and cheesy cut out = 202rwhp (removed)

3” cat back exhaust with a 3in3out Dynomax “straight through” muffler = 224rwhp

3” off road pipe and O2 sim = 236rwhp 9.9 1/8th mile

54 rwhp is pretty good gains I would say for the work involved. However the exhaust is loud and sounds a bit ricey. Going faster is going to require either N2O or a turbo.
    2001 Blue Firebird.<br />V6 M5. free ram air mod, 3\" pvc intake, Air temp module, 3\" exhaust, Dynomax 3\"straight through exhaust, O2 sim with off road pipe.<p>Kenwood kdc-mp919 head unit, kfc-628 and kfc-748 amps, Kicker I650 mids/highs, 12\" kenwood WS-303 sub<br /><a href=\"http://www.trafficjamzcaraudio.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.trafficjamzcaraudio.com</a><p>1500 years ago the world was the center of the universe. 500 years ago the world was flat. 15 minutes ago we were alone on this planet. Just think what you will know tomorrow.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Never, ever, ever rely on a G-Tech. Take your car to a dyno and you will be MAJORLY humbled, as well as the track.

Wow.

Scott

Comment

Sounds a bit high, but it's possible.
      <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

i'm going to agree with scott on this one...with all of those mods, you might honestly see 20 hp, max of 25 hp. but 54? i'm sorry, that's wrong. once i took a g-tech out and did about 10 hp readings--they ranged from 145 to 206...that's a 61 hp difference. i'm sorry, but you were a little fooled--you don't really have that much hp.
        2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

There is no way your car makes even close to over 200rwhp, seriously. Just to give you an idea of how INACCURATE that thing is, I'll give you an example. A buddy of mine with a 96 Z28 decided to G-tech it and got 320RWHP. The next morning he did it again and got 276RWHP with NO CHANGES done to the car. Gotta love that.

In all honesty stock you'd probably get around 170-175RWHP and with your work maybe you're at 185RWHP now.

Comment

And look at your 1/8th mile times. Don't you think you would have gained more than .1 with a 28RWHP gain???
            How do you explain the gain of .5 with only a 26RWHP gain?

Something is not adding up and it is the G-Tech's accuracy that is at fault. Sorry bud...

Scott

Comment

236 rwhp??!! LOL. I will go back to the dyno this fall and after all my hard work I can now say that I should be close to 200 rwhp. As you can see by my sig, I've done a lot and have tryed many things. My 183 rwhp was w/out the headers,y pipe and highflow cat. I suggest selling the g-tech and using that money for a dyno to see what you really are putting out. ;)
              <b>Red 1999 Firebird M5</b><br />Whisper Lid,Borla Catback,K&N,Dual Friction Center Force Clutch,Hurst Shifter w/Lou\'s Short Stick,!FRA,Suncoast Ramair hood,160 Thermo,!maf,Chrome ZO6 Wheels, Painted Calipers, CIA Headers, Taylor Wires, NGK Spark Plugs, 3\" Catco, Jet Chip Stage II, BMR STB, LCA, PHR, SFC, Fan Switch, FTRA<br /><b>Old Dyno Numbers: 183 RWHP, 217 RWTRQ</b><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer</a>

Comment

Man i should G-Tech my car. I'd probably put down 300 RWTQ with the 'verter. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Alberto, did you and Rick get all my emails? Nice right? LOL.
                Have him email me back ASAP about those heads. Thanks.

Scott

Comment

LOL! LOL! LOL!

You probably have MAYBE 180rwhp now.
                  *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Comment

Never got them scott.

my email:

alberto_prieto@hotmail.com

Try again, I guess. ;)
                    <b>Red 1999 Firebird M5</b><br />Whisper Lid,Borla Catback,K&N,Dual Friction Center Force Clutch,Hurst Shifter w/Lou\'s Short Stick,!FRA,Suncoast Ramair hood,160 Thermo,!maf,Chrome ZO6 Wheels, Painted Calipers, CIA Headers, Taylor Wires, NGK Spark Plugs, 3\" Catco, Jet Chip Stage II, BMR STB, LCA, PHR, SFC, Fan Switch, FTRA<br /><b>Old Dyno Numbers: 183 RWHP, 217 RWTRQ</b><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/redsixer</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X