Seafoam questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafoam questions....

After reading reviews and such about Seafoam, everyone seems to love it. I have a question, though.....

I know that crap builds up around piston rings as your engine wears over thousands of miles. The rings get worse and oil gets through, leading to blue smoke and stuff. The question is: would seafoam clear out all of the stuff around the rings, thus causing a small diameter circle of nothing to be between the rings and cylinder wall?
    White 94 3.4 A4 Camaro<br />Perf:2.5\" Flowmaster catback, K&N FIPK, B&M Shift Plus, Alum DS<br />App: 17\" Eagle 077s, rk sport performance spoiler, clear corners<br />Audio: Drivers side 12\" stealth box w/ JL

Welcome to the Board Drew!
    Just a few hints.....

You posted this in the wrong Section. This is a General Tech Post!
    Use the "Search" Function on Seafoam. It has been discussed hundreds of times.

To answer your question....Seafoam clears up the Carbon Build-Up in your engine. If your car is letting blue-smoke out, it is more than Seafoam Can Handle. Repair is needed. Your motor has to be very worn for that to happen, though.

To clean around the Rings, Apply Seafoam In your oil 500 miles before you change it.
    <b>2000 NBM Pontiac Firebird</b><br />3800GT Performance Package<br /><br />Intake, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster Cat-Back

Comment

i also have a question ror the people that have been using seafoam for a long time.
      after my car fumeagated the the block lol, and my frirnd and i started wondering if sea foam is safe im sure it coat your o2 seansers with cra* but is it really safe to use in your car? and if it is how offen should use it in the intake.
      1998 green camaro, bear rotors.<br />It\'s not how much money you have, It\'s how many toys you have.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretAgent420:
        i also have a question ror the people that have been using seafoam for a long time.
        after my car fumeagated the the block lol, and my frirnd and i started wondering if sea foam is safe im sure it coat your o2 seansers with cra* but is it really safe to use in your car? and if it is how offen should use it in the intake.
        Search
        <b>2000 NBM Pontiac Firebird</b><br />3800GT Performance Package<br /><br />Intake, Magnaflow Cat, Flowmaster Cat-Back

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird:
          Welcome to the Board Drew!
          Just a few hints.....

You posted this in the wrong Section. This is a General Tech Post!
          Use the "Search" Function on Seafoam. It has been discussed hundreds of times.

To answer your question....Seafoam clears up the Carbon Build-Up in your engine. If your car is letting blue-smoke out, it is more than Seafoam Can Handle. Repair is needed. Your motor has to be very worn for that to happen, though.

To clean around the Rings, Apply Seafoam In your oil 500 miles before you change it.
          Thanks for the welcome Bluebird, but I've been here for a bit (member 1202 maybe?) and I just lurk ;) ...actually I forgot the password to my other name and remembered this one was made. I realize that seafoam removes the carbon build up, which is why I dont think I should do it. It would clear out around my rings where carbon is, therefore creating a space between the ring and the cylinder wall itself for oil to pass by, thus creating blue smoke...wouldnt it? didnt find anything in a search about that...

As for the section... I figured the seafoam goes in through the intake (throttle body, sometimes brake boosters/vaccum lines) and white smoke comes out of the exhaust. Sorry if it is in the wrong section.

Thanks
          White 94 3.4 A4 Camaro<br />Perf:2.5\" Flowmaster catback, K&N FIPK, B&M Shift Plus, Alum DS<br />App: 17\" Eagle 077s, rk sport performance spoiler, clear corners<br />Audio: Drivers side 12\" stealth box w/ JL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X