Open exhaust vids... if anyone interested... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open exhaust vids... if anyone interested...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KBeezy:
    Quick question, why do you have to look at your tach to shift? I dont know about the rest of you, but if you cant shift by sound and feel you need to get out there and practice some more....
    I use a mixture of both... this car I don't run open exhaust 100% I kinda think it sounds like *** on a 3.8L my 3.4L sounded mean... Its sounds good below 2000 rpms, that even ls1 owners are fooled by my car. But beyond that, I am shooting angry bees...

Either way I don't run it like this normally just for fun. So I don't know the sounds...

Well its not that bad.. closet sounding exhaust I can think of is a modded SRT-4 with loud exhaust.

Forgot to mention did a decible test a few months ago...

103 inside the car with windows up, monsoon cranked was 105 [img]smile.gif[/img] It was 115 about 3 feet behind the car.

my 3.4L was 116 inside the car windows up and pegged the meter at 135 3 feet behind the car.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I hear you. Im just so used to driving stickshifts I just have an ear and a foot for any type of exhaust/motor when it comes to shift points without a tach. Hell, I learned to drive a stick on the Project 66 Beetle and my 89 Probe GT Turbo... And let me tell you, haha, that 89 GT Turbo revved up so fast when it hit boost you didn't have time to watch the road and the tach in first and second gears, haha! As for the Beetle, the only two gauges you have are the speedo and gas gauge. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Originally posted by BradC:
      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
      your right my car is slow and I don't know how to launch, shift or drive...

lets go race for $100
      I don't get it. I never said those things. I was trying to prove that with the right mods you can make decent power. You would probably win if we go about 70 or 80 but until then it would be dead even [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
      Watch the video...
      </font>[/QUOTE]your right... we should race to any speed you want.

$100... actually lets make it $500 [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ March 04, 2004, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: MustangEater8251 ]

Comment

lol... ill throw in 500 more on mustangeaters side..

BradC,

no offense man.. from his video.. he was shifting just as quick as your automatic.. and thats with a camera in his hand.. paying attention on keeping the camera on angle.

also.. i think mustangeater holds the record her for fastest NA 3.4 with a 15.4 quarter mile.

his 3.8.. STOCK, runs 14.4 with no belt, and 14.6's with the belt.

thats a full second. fully modded vs. stock. he will eat you alive
        96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler:
          also.. i think mustangeater holds the record her for fastest NA 3.4 with a 15.4 quarter mile.
          Yes and no... guy I sold my car to, gutted the interior(he was replacing it), put on drag radials and skinnies(off his trans am), had no front sway bar and ran, a 15.39, 0.06 faster then my best 15.456@86.82mph, with the front sway on, salad shooters on all 4 corners, street tires(Cooper Cobras), full interior(just minus jack and spare).

he also weighs about 100 lbs lighter then me. BUt thats the fastest n/a 3.4L v6 I have heard of with credible proof.

but I am sure once a few people hit hte tracks, my car won't be the fastest...

so technically "my old car" holds the record, but I as a driver hold the 2nd place record [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

ya.. isnt that guy swapping in a gnx motor? crazy
            96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X