SLP CAI installation questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP CAI installation questions

How long does it take to install and is it hard to do? What problems did you have with it?
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/maleet\" target=\"_blank\">1998 Silver Firebird</a> <br />Basic mods... nothing real special but it sure looks good!<br /><a href=\"http://www.maleetpobanz.com\" target=\"_blank\">maleetpobanz.com</a>

Its really easy, if you have a dremel. It took me about an hour, given it was my first time doing it. I never ran into any problems, just follow the directions it comes with and you will be fine.
    [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Go Fast or Dont Go

Comment

It's very easy to do. It shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes.

I had a problem with my install though. I don't know how the throttle body differs from the years, But I had a hard time getting the rubber elbow part over the SLP piping. The cones will also be a tight fit.

Good luck
      94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

I did mine yesterday (I have a 3.8) and had absolutely no problems. Only tools I needed were a ratchet and a flathead screwdriver. Its fits a bit tight, but its nothing a little manhandling can't fix! :D
        1997 Chevy Camaro<br />3.8L V6 w/ SLP CAI...check out the gallery on <a href=\"http://jaredmiller.sphosting.com\" target=\"_blank\">my website</a> to see more

Comment

Did mine on a 3.4 camaro. had to cut the intake sleave with a razor on the bottom to fit it. Tried everything as a lube. Had to buy a bigger hose clamp. Runs awsome

Comment

Can e-mail you a before & after pic if you want
            rickbkathyb@wmconnect.com

Comment

It's pretty easy. I did mine in about an hour and a half, and I took my time with it. The only tools you'll need are a drill and a jigsaw. When you go to drill the holes in the car, make sure the drill bit is about half the diameter of the screws. Other than that, you should have no problems. Have fun!
              2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Camaro_SLP ........

TireGuy........

Jared..........

Wrong intake [img]tongue.gif[/img]

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  3 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X