SLP Loudmouth - V6 version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP Loudmouth - V6 version?

There are a lot of "SLP Loudmouth" posts right now, I wanted to start a new one to get my question answered more quick. Then I will delete it once I find the answer.

For all of you who have the SLP Loudmouth, or know about it..Is there a difference between the "V6" version and V8? Some sites list them at different prices..the V6 being more! I think they are full of sh!t and there is no difference, but I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking.

I could just buy the V8 version and be fine right? I would also buy the adapter kit.

Thanks.
    94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

I think the V6 versions may just be packaging the V8 exhaust with the adapter kit.. As far as I know (and I've researched all the intake/exhaust stuff pretty thoroughly in looking for a good deal and the best combination of parts), there is no V6 version of the Loudmouth produced by SLP.

All you need is the "V8" Loudmouth Exhaust and the Kit and you should be fine.
    1996 Camaro Z28 M6<br />Red, T-tops, 5.7L LT1<br />Borla Cat-Back, SLP PP/Clutch

Comment

Thanks for the reply..the websites that have a section for V6 F-bodies have it listed there..

"3800 Resonator Cat-Back Exhaust w/ Dual/Dual Tips ....$349.99"

It has the same part number as the 'V8' version, except they add 'V6' after it..

Isn't the adapter kit only required for 98 and below years? I don't think they have it included..just seems like BS to me.
      94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

If it is the exhaust with the installation kit it's a pretty good deal, the best I found was 320 for the exhaust and about 65 for the installation kit. It's probably worth giving them a call and checking on it..
        1996 Camaro Z28 M6<br />Red, T-tops, 5.7L LT1<br />Borla Cat-Back, SLP PP/Clutch

Comment

All 93+ V6 F-Bodys require the installation kit. It doesn't matter which engine or what year, all will need the kit to work right.
          - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

There is not "V6" Loudmouth. The loudmouth was originally made for the V8s, then it became poprular on the V6s. I hadn't actually seen any places selling loudmouth set-ups for V6s, but I guess it was only a matter of time.
            Probably what they are selling is the exhaust and the S-adapter is used on the 93-95 LT-1s, because they had a single cat in the same configuration that ours has.
            Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X