Anyone with a Removed Maf Screen... please step in! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with a Removed Maf Screen... please step in!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with a Removed Maf Screen... please step in!

What codes have you gotten with the removal??? I am getting an 0300 code, which is a misfire :( I'm getting the code at idle. I believe it could be happening because I took the screen out. It's possible that the airflow is not distributing evenly over the maf sensor and maybe this is causing a code. I will put it back in later tonight to see if it's runs fine again. What codes have you gotten with this mod? (people who have not gotten a code, need not reply). Thanks!
    2004 CE Corvette 10.86@132mph
    1996 Supercharged/Nitrous Camaro RS (For Sale)
    2011 Cadillac CTS-V
    2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT-P
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

too lean?
    invalid switching?
    02 sensor circuit problem?

My guess is maybee too lean......Put the screen back in.
    Eric

2005 Mustang 4.0
    1996 Camaro Conv
    2000 Ford Excursion

"Darkness Falls"

Comment

No problems here for 6 months now.
      2005 Cavalier LS Sport M5<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/firefighter8615</a>

Comment

Yeah, good point, Eric.. my thought was to take it out so that I could lean the mixture a bit. At WOT the car is fine. But it's quite possible that it's too lean at idle. That would make sense.

[ September 24, 2003: Message edited by: Shirl ]</p>
        2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

is that a random misfire or one particular cylinder.. if it's just one cylinder I would think that maybe your problem is elsewhere..

just a thought..
          -Brad
          98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
          2000 V-Star Custom 1100
          If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
          :rock:

Comment

I want to say your problem is something else because i took my screen out 8 months ago and no problems. Hey but put the screen back on and see if it still happens. Then you will know for sure. But i dont think the car would misfire because of the mixture.
            Mods: SLP CAI, SLP loudmouth, Removed MAF screen, Remote Fog lights, Taillight Blackouts, \"Firebird\" in third brake light all on Kumho 245/50 R16\'s

Comment

I took mine out and got lean on bank #1 and #2. it could cause a missfire if it is running extremley lean.
              white 1996 camaro 3800: flowmaster American thunder cat back. hypertech 160* stat, and manual fan switch

Comment

No codes, ever.
                2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Ok, well, here's the deal... I ran autotap and looked at each cylinder. There is a misfire in like 3 of them. My fuel pressure at idle is way too high..like 70psi :eek: so, something is wrong with the FMU. I put the screen back in also, and the car idles much smoother, but I still have an extremely rich condition. Need to figure out what the problem is with the FMU or the fuel rail. Overall, the operating condition is so rich that my plugs are still getting fouled up. I'm going to have someone help me look at it and fix it this weekend. Thanks for the suggestions!
                  2011 Cadillac CTS-V

Comment

No problems here. I thought MAF removal was for 1998+ F-bodies only
                    <br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/nitroxxx28</a>

Comment

if your misfire counts per cyl are over 30, then you have misfires, 5-15 is normal range.

If you spray and or have a blower do NOT run a MAF screen. How many people have we seen who's engine ate up the screen.. a lot.

You may THINK your running lean at idle but its just the PCM noticing a slight variation on the readings, SLIGHT.. so it sets a code

You will not run any leaner up top or richer. You will just run faster. ;)
                      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Magnus,
                        I took mine out and I got a lean code. will that hurt my engine? I read that someone put bigger injectors in and caused a lean condition that caused them to throw a rod? will that happen with the screen out? I dont run Nos or SC just want the most power should I take the screen out again? thanks in advance.
                        white 1996 camaro 3800: flowmaster American thunder cat back. hypertech 160* stat, and manual fan switch

Comment

having the angled TB will make u more prone to those ses lights and codes. the straight tb will not make it as bad. the engine will still run slightly leaner, however I made up for that w/ the HPP3 since it richens up the mixture a little, so I figure it's close to stock A/F ratio. maybe u should switch to a straight tb shirl.
                          2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X