ZZP blockoff plate for EGR still leaking? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZZP blockoff plate for EGR still leaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZP blockoff plate for EGR still leaking?

the blockoff plate from ZZP for the EGR is still leaking? i have the CIA headers, is there anything that i can use to help seal it off? like gasket maker or something like that? please anything would help i'm tired of that damned ticking noise...

merlin
    2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

i used a couple layers of heavy duty tin foil as my gasket.. along with ultra copper rtv. no leaks
    96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

yeah, I have CIA headers also, and bought the block off plate. I went to advance autos and bought some V-8 paper header gaskets. [img]smile.gif[/img] Put 2 to 3 layers of the paper header gasket, and by by leaks. :D
      2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
      5 speed
      Project: Unreal
      Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
      2007 Chevy Aveo 5
      Mods K&N air filter:excited:
      www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

did you just cut the gasket to make it fit? that sounds like a plan...

merlin
        2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

An A/C fitting, a cloth / metal heat sheild, a long bolt and nut, and some muffler mender. *****. Why'd they have to put a hole in my manifold?
          -Rob
          <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

I had this problem with my pacesetter's and funny enough the solution was a can of my favorite beverage; mountain dew. I just took some tin snips to a mountain dew can then traced the egr block off plate on the aluminum to create a pattern and cut it out. A little high temp RTV on there and no more leaks. Truly a ghetto-gasket but you know what it works really well.
            3.42 gears w/ LSD,<br />Headers, Cat delete, Loudmouth,<br />SLP intake, K&N, Whisper Lid, <br />EGR delete

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redbird00:
              did you just cut the gasket to make it fit? that sounds like a plan...

merlin
              <hr></blockquote>

yeah, just buy the set of gaskets that will fit the block off plate, and then cut that part of the gasket out. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
              2000 V6 Camaro(bought brand new)
              5 speed
              Project: Unreal
              Several Mods..:naughty:plus Nitrous=WEEeee:banana:

2007 Suzuki GS500F :D

Daily driver
              2007 Chevy Aveo 5
              Mods K&N air filter:excited:
              www.guardiansworlds.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X