Ordering slp loudmouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering slp loudmouth

I have my loudmouth exhaust on hold because Im not sure if i should buy the installation kit with the s-pipe or without the s-pipe. Ive noticed that some people dont use it.

Do I absolutly need the slp s-pipe or any s-pipe for that matter to get my loudmouth hooked up?

Oh I have a 97 3.8L firebird
    Mods: SLP CAI, SLP loudmouth, Removed MAF screen, Remote Fog lights, Taillight Blackouts, \"Firebird\" in third brake light all on Kumho 245/50 R16\'s

Yes you need it. Either that or get a shop to make you one. I've got loudmouth on my car, you'll love it.
    1999 Red Pontiac Grand Prix GTP- BONE STOCK<p>1996 Red Chevrolet Camaro RS (RIP)SLP Loudmouth Exhaust with dual/dual tips, SLP Cold Air Intake.

Comment

I called to order my Loudmouth at SLP, the guy told me not to buy because it sounds terrible on a V6. For a guy at SLP to tell me that, it must be true seeing how he lost a sale. So know I'm thinking about making a true dual exhaust with Chambered Mufflers, or SLP resonators. Just some advice before you spend the money.
      2002 Camaro SS, 6 speed, SLP Loudmouth, TR 224/224 Camshaft(valvetrain upgraded), Pro 5.0 shifter / Hurst classic black knob.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chevrolet Racing:
        I called to order my Loudmouth at SLP, the guy told me not to buy because it sounds terrible on a V6. For a guy at SLP to tell me that, it must be true seeing how he lost a sale. So know I'm thinking about making a true dual exhaust with Chambered Mufflers, or SLP resonators. Just some advice before you spend the money.<hr></blockquote>

That's understandable...these guys at SLP deal with high performance cars..I'm sure he's used to hearing the Loudmouth on a V8 all the time, and when he heard it on a V6, of course it's going to sound like sh!t to him. His comment wouldn't prevent me from buying a Loudmouth for a V6.
        94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Got any sound clips of it?

Comment

I don't have any soundclips yet, but I'm hoping to get one sometime soon.. But at low RPM's it definately can't be beat..

A guy at my school who has a Civic Si complete with a fart can that he claims sounds "glorious" heard my exhaust today and he saw me later and said "I heard your exhaust today, and it uh, has a little bit of a rumble to it.." (He's saying this in a serious, I hate to tell you, but.. kind of way).. "And mine definately sounds better."

I tried not to laugh at him, and said "You mean that deep, throaty, muscle car rumble type sound.." He was like "Yeah, too bad.." I just laughed and let him know that's what exhaust is supposed to sound like.

So you can't beat it at low RPMs, and the more I get used to it the more I like it even at higher RPMs.. The only time it gets a buzzy is over 5,000... But it definately won't be confused with a ricer buzz, it's deeper.
            1996 Camaro Z28 M6<br />Red, T-tops, 5.7L LT1<br />Borla Cat-Back, SLP PP/Clutch

Comment

Yeah it definately sounds great. I wouldn't worry about what that guy said. You'll like it.
              1999 Red Pontiac Grand Prix GTP- BONE STOCK<p>1996 Red Chevrolet Camaro RS (RIP)SLP Loudmouth Exhaust with dual/dual tips, SLP Cold Air Intake.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X