Exhaust size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust size?

I have been reading many exhaust set ups and i think im goin to go with the 3" Catco Highflow Cat, 3" Custom S Pipe, 2.75" Dynomax Catback , and 2.5" dynomax super turbo setup. does it sound like a good idea? Plus does the size all need to be 3" or what? some ppl have 3" super turbo mufflers, some have 2.5", are there connections u have to buy or does it all need to be the same size. Help!!!!
    Please

No it doesnt all have to be the same size. You can buy reducers and stuff to connect the different size pipes together. You can usually pick these up at local auto parts stores.
    1995 black firebird,t-tops,3.4L M5 Comp cam,gutted cat,Cold Air,80 series flowmaster,limited slip rear end with 3.42 gear, Hurst Billet Plus, 17\" American Racin Torq Thrust II

Comment

You don't want a "bottleneck" situation. If you reduce, there is no need for a larger size down the line. Often the size at the outlet is a little smaller than where it enters the catalytic converter. The theory is that as the exhaust cools, it condenses and a smaller pipe functions fine. Also a dual outlet muffler will have smaller pipes, carrying half of the volume.

MIKE
      1997 Camaro A4, 3.8L Red T-Tops<br />Y87 pkg, 3.42 LSD<br />SLP cold air kit <br />180 Thermo<br />Alpine speakers

Comment

I would recomend keeping it the same diameter the whole way if your going with a single.
        2001 Blue Firebird.<br />V6 M5. free ram air mod, 3\" pvc intake, Air temp module, 3\" exhaust, Dynomax 3\"straight through exhaust, O2 sim with off road pipe.<p>Kenwood kdc-mp919 head unit, kfc-628 and kfc-748 amps, Kicker I650 mids/highs, 12\" kenwood WS-303 sub<br /><a href=\"http://www.trafficjamzcaraudio.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.trafficjamzcaraudio.com</a><p>1500 years ago the world was the center of the universe. 500 years ago the world was flat. 15 minutes ago we were alone on this planet. Just think what you will know tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X