Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPINTECH INSTALLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok well I had my borla catback taken off cause it was "defective"

I had my spintech 3" catback installed today... I bought the muffler off the site, then had custom 3" piping done at west coast mufflers.

Man, it's ****ing sweet. Everyone should get one. the idle is just as loud as the borla, and it sounds great throughout all rpm ranges. I took it to almost redline, and it didn't get ricey really.. sure it got high pitched, but not ricey, kinda sounded stock when I was up that high in the rpms

my mom just drove it up and down the street for me so I can hear it, it's loud and deep

I set off my first car alarm today with it too.

I have a whisper lid and a 3" catco hiflow cat with it also, I'm getting a CAI which will also make the sound better.
    \'02 firebird 5spd manual (pewter)<br />mods: whisper lid, spintech muffer with 3\" piping, strut tower brace, \"free ram air\", k&n filter, SLP CAI - next mods: jetchip stage II, lowering springs

Glad you got your exhaust woes straightened out.

I, on the other hand, was supposed to have my Dynomax SuperTurbo and new I-pipe put on today, but once I got there my exhaust guy told me he was 2 days behind and was going to have to reschedule me for Tuesday afternoon. ...Tuesday, here I come! :cool:
    -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Glad you like it! Yours sounds the exact way mine did, never rices out just gets high pitched but not in a bad way at all. Spintech is da shiznit.

Scott

Comment

yep, now if i could just fix the rattling, it's not the exhaust thats rattling its something under the car, maybe a heat shield, i'm having it checked out monday at the dealership
        \'02 firebird 5spd manual (pewter)<br />mods: whisper lid, spintech muffer with 3\" piping, strut tower brace, \"free ram air\", k&n filter, SLP CAI - next mods: jetchip stage II, lowering springs

Comment

Can we get a sound clip? ;) [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

not sure how.. maybe i'll puit the lap top next to the computer

I'll it monday after i fix the rattling.. theres a heat shield rattling on my car some where, gonna fix it monday

Comment

I had a rattling too it was from when they connected the 3inch y-pipe to the exhaust manifold piping.
              1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

no thats not the problem, it rattled with the borla, now rattles with the spintech.. something else is loose

Comment

hey mickeys, did you get the 343sc? i'm thinking of getting one to replace my magnaflow. How much did you pay for it? thanks, and glad to hear your happy. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  A4 :( ws6 hood, magnaflow cat-back, Pewter ppg paint, red calipers w/ decals, t-tops, chrome wheels, cutout, bald rear right tire (3.42 w/o lsd)

Comment

check the heat shield on your cat. about a week after i got my catco installed, the heat sheild started coming loose and rattled like a mofo. i just pulled it right off and it fixed the rattle.
                    94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

it rattled before I had my cat installed. so that's not the problem either.

I'm not sure the exact model, I know it's the split case.. maybe 344. I just called and told the guy what I wanted and he sent it. I payed $129 or $139 I believe

Comment

yeah should be the 343SC. Thast 3 inch in, dual 2.5 out. I just asked for an F-body. I got mine at a local shop for $99, but i heard soemwhere on here you could find em for 65-70? Do a search.

Cp

Comment

Hey mickey, How much diiference does your car sound from my car and how does it sound when you rev it in nutral? I am thinking about geting that catco cat but i just how it will improve my sound and not make it sound worse.
                          2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

don't get the hiflow cat. if you do, your warranty is voided. i tried getting a new y-pipe cause its ****ed up, they want 600 bucks cause i have a new cat, if not it would be free

Comment

spintech ownz joo! [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
                              96 wht. firebird 5sd. rk sport headers,3in.catco, spintech catback,CAI,FRA,3.42/lsd 180*t-stat, centerforce dual friction clutch, ls1 driveshaft, polyurethane trans. mount.<br />01 blk. z28 m6, borla exht, lid, k<br />+n, sfc., chrome 18in. y2k c5 wheels.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X