Homemade smooth bellow question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homemade smooth bellow question

I once ordered a SLP smooth bellow that was made for the V8's thinking it would fit, but of course it wouldn't. So I ended up selling it to my buddy for his Z. Now I've heard talk about being able to go to Home Depot or Lowes to get something to make a homemade smooth bellow. Can someone tell me what I can pick up to Make a bellow. What kind of tubing and what size if you can add that info also. Thanx, guys!
    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
    www.vaperz.com
    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

You can find the rubber ones for a v6 on ebay for about $20-$25. I've also heard of people using PVC pipe.
    2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Not that easy for 98's
      -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

yeah i can help you out, i did that and you at least hear a difference after doing it. i think i feel slightly beter throttle response but that could just be in my head. anyway ill go look and see if i can find the part # or somthing so you can get it.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

ok i couldnt find a part # so here is what you do. take your car to Home depot or Lowes. take off your air box and take in the oval rubber peice. the part you are looking for is a pvc cupling. i think its a 3" but im not sure it could be a 4" (its one or the other but it is a cupling not pvc pipe, this is thicker and i think it will hold up and fit better). I hope this helped you out, if you dont want to take it to home depot just go buy both cuplings and some hose clamps and do it at home and return what you dont need.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

I went to Home Depot and bought a 3" peice of pvc pipe, and that worked just fine, but then i realized how it looked like s, and I had my dad weld up a peice of metal, which ended up being 4", and it worked great, although to get it to fit, you need to make sure you get the piece of rubber (coupler?) warm, because it is going to be a pretty tight fit. Be sure to get a black piece because the white one looks like crap IMO. ;)
            2002 A4 Pewter Firebird.<br />Aluminum interior, custom aluminum whisper lid, custom ram air, Flowmaster cat bacl, high flow cat, pacesetter headers<br />15.018 on a ****ty track<br />15.65 stock on same ****ty track<br />15.33 stock on good track<br />= 14\'s on good track

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X