Pgriffith, questions about exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pgriffith, questions about exhaust

hey, i am looking into getting a flowmaster exhaust system. I am looking at what you have and it seems like it would sound awesome.
    Besides your headers and Hi-flow cat, I was wondering if your flowmaster came as a kit? If so, which one and from where? I want it!
    If not, then could you tell me all the parts you have besides the headers and hi-flow cat? Also where to find them at? Also, i was wondering if the flowmaster system comes with dual outlets and nice tips?

If you could answer these i would appreciate it!

----chris----
    1999 3.8l Camaro A4<br />-K&N air filter<br />-whisper lid<br />-SLP ram air induction<br />-3 inch edelbrock cat-back exhaust system<br />-3.73\'s and lsd (on the way)!

I bought all my parts at my local Mieneke, they sold me a 3 inch mandrel bent I pipe, Flowmaster muffler with 3 inch inlet and dual 3 inch outlet, 3 inch mandrel bent tail pipes and I picked out some 20 inch long angle cut chrome tips. Looks and sounds awsome. I wish I had some sound clips for you. I can scan and upload some pics of my exhaust setup if you want to see those.

If you do get a flowmaster dont be impressed the first day you get it. Give it about 1 month and then the true sound of the flowmaster comes to life.

I have had just the flowmaster muffler and stock pipes, I then changed to 3 inch mandrel bent pipes and it sounds so much better. I would suggest getting 3 inch mandrel bent I pipe and tailpipes.

So goto Meineke and look forward to spending anywhere from $300-$350. I paid $220 for mandrel bent tail pipes and mandrel bent I pipe 3 inch, with 20 inch long chrome tips installed. I alreaddy had the muffler from before when I ran the muffler only with stock pipes. So I would figure $300-$350 for everything installed.

Comment

I didnt buy the kit as a system. I had meineke buy all the parts from there flowmaster distribute. Just goto meineke and tell them what you want. Let me know if you have any other questions. I will try to post some pics later tonight if you would like me to.

Comment

thanks a lot man! By the way did you get the 80 series flowmaster muffler? By the way, I would love to see those pics of your exhaust setup!
        thanks,

----chris----
        1999 3.8l Camaro A4<br />-K&N air filter<br />-whisper lid<br />-SLP ram air induction<br />-3 inch edelbrock cat-back exhaust system<br />-3.73\'s and lsd (on the way)!

Comment

Yes its the 80 series. I will scan pics for you later tonight or maybe tommarow night. If you have an email address I can mail them to you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X