Angled and Straight Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angled and Straight Intake

What is the difference in the angled and straight intake? My friend has a 98 Camaro and his is angled and we installed a whisper lid on his and as soon as you start his up you can hear it sucking, BUT we did the same thing on mine (99 Firebird) and we couldnt hear it sucking but when you hit the gas you can hear it whistle and suck so is there like a valve that opens when you accelerate on the straight intakes?
    1999 Black T-Top Firebird A4<br />W68 and Y87 GT Packages, K&N Air Filter, Ram Air, Whisper Lid, Raised Airbox, SLP Exhaust, Comp Cam, Black Tailight Covers, Black Powdercoated Wheels, Painted Calipers and Side Vents

i could be wrong but i think, the sucking on the intake of the angled intake is because its angled, your hearing the air cut that angle and it makes that wooshing sound, mine does it also. But on the straight one, you dont hear it because the air is flowing smoother with out the angle. atleast until you open up the throttle on in.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.<br /><br />------------------------------<br />1997 Red Firebird with T Tops<br />Custom 3\" cold air intake <br />K and N filter<br />!maf<br />flowmaster 80 series catback<br />Accel 8.8 300+ spiral ferro wires<br />Bosch 2X platinum +4 \'s

Comment

Same here.
      -Paul-<br /><br />03 Lancer Evolution VIII<br /><br />1998 Camaro M5 - Traded

Comment

I notice on mine if you open up the throttle,it gets really loud.People mistake it as a turbo.maybe its because I have 3.5" tubeing I dont know [img]smile.gif[/img]
        $Ryan$<br />95 3400 Teal Green FireBird M5<br />Mods: see link <a href=\"http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420\" target=\"_blank\">http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/mystical420</a> <br />1986 Gold Mazda B2000 ROTIP :)<br />*New*74 Moded 350 Chevy Pickup

Comment

in the morning when mine is cold and i start it to let it warm up. you cant hear the engine at all because of the sucking sound it makes. It sounds like im trying to start a jet turbine. Its crazy loud.
          Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory is forever.<br /><br />------------------------------<br />1997 Red Firebird with T Tops<br />Custom 3\" cold air intake <br />K and N filter<br />!maf<br />flowmaster 80 series catback<br />Accel 8.8 300+ spiral ferro wires<br />Bosch 2X platinum +4 \'s

Comment

Mine also makes that sucking sound, especially when I first start it up. Like Lon said, I think its just the sound of the air hitting the extreme angles of the intake tubing.
            CZ28.com SN-SFireGT98<br />-1998 Mystic Teal Metallic Camaro, V6, T-tops. <br />Mods-Whisper Induction Lid; K&N Air Filter; Flowmaster Am. Th. Series Cat-back.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 hours ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X