can you have a whisper lid AND cold air induction? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you have a whisper lid AND cold air induction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you have a whisper lid AND cold air induction?

The cold air intake doesn't replace the air box lid does it? I have one on right now, can I still install a cold air induction?
    \'02 firebird 5spd manual (pewter)<br />mods: whisper lid, spintech muffer with 3\" piping, strut tower brace, \"free ram air\", k&n filter, SLP CAI - next mods: jetchip stage II, lowering springs

The cold air kit for the 98+ cars is considered the ram air kit. And yes, they both work well together. SLP, Fasttoys and Whisper makes em for your ride. Check with tbyrne or thunderracing.
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shortdog273:
      The cold air kit for the 98+ cars is considered the ram air kit. And yes, they both work well together. SLP, Fasttoys and Whisper makes em for your ride. Check with tbyrne or thunderracing.<hr></blockquote>

Actually, the Whisper lid or whatever brand you chose makes it cold air. Tose stock baffles (air silencers) swirl the air around and warm it up before it enters the intake manifold. So the lid eliminates the baffles, and therefor you have a cold air intake. Ram air is different than cold air.
      <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Tbyrne and a few others calls it the CAI kit though. Like the SLP cai for the 98+ cars which is the same as the fasttoys and whisper kits. You know whisper makes a ram air kit also. Tbyrne sells em.(WRA) for around 140 bucks

[ August 20, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

nice ride shortdog
          My ride: <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/youngdeezy\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/youngdeezy</a><br />98 Firebird 3.8L A4<br />Mods:80 seires flow master muffler<br />dual exhaust 3\" pipes,whisper lid<br />k&N filter,3.42 gears and LSD, 180 thermostat, free ram air mod & 1/2\" raised air box + some apperance mods<br />1/4 mile 15.8 @ 85mph<p>I\'ll see you in the traffic...

Comment

finally some one from the bay... you been hittin up them sideshows in oakland? ive seen some videos they look crazy
            \'02 firebird 5spd manual (pewter)<br />mods: whisper lid, spintech muffer with 3\" piping, strut tower brace, \"free ram air\", k&n filter, SLP CAI - next mods: jetchip stage II, lowering springs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              5 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              3 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X