02 sensor P0133 code????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 sensor P0133 code????

Hey guys! Minor problem here. I put new Bossch O2 censors on my car about 5 or 6 montths ago during the summer. I've been getting an engine light because of the 02 sensor in Bank 1. It reads as a P0133 code. I know the code means "CKT slow resoponse on bank 1 sensor 1". I've had it cleared a few times and it keeps coming back up. What could be causing this in this 02 censor and why would it not go off in the passenger bank 2 sensor. Also would this code result in minor loss of any power. Thanx guys for any help!
    01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
    AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
    www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
    www.vaperz.com
    PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

DTC P0133
    Circuit Description
    The powertrain control module (PCM) continuously monitors the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) activity. The PCM counts the number of times that a rich to lean and a lean to rich response is indicated. Then, the PCM adds the amount of time to complete all transitions for a 100 second test period. With this information, an average time for each transition can be determined. If the average response time is too slow, this diagnostic trouble code (DTC) will set. A lean to rich transition is indicated when the HO2S voltage changes from less than 300 mV to more than 600 mV. A rich to lean transition is indicated when the HO2S voltage changes from more than 600 mV to less than 300 mV. An HO2S that responds too slowly is likely to be faulty and should be replaced.

Conditions for Running the DTC
    DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0112, P0113, P0117, P0118, P0121, P0122, P0123, P0125, P0128, P0201-P0206, P0300, P0410, P0440, P0442, P0443, P0446, P0449, or P1441 are not set.
    The engine has been running for more than 4 minutes.
    The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is more than 50°C (122°F).
    The engine speed is between 1,000-3,000 RPM.
    The mass air flow (MAF) is between 13-30 grams per second.
    The vehicle is in Closed Loop.
    Conditions for Setting the DTC
    The HO2S lean-to-rich average transition response time was longer than 63 milliseconds. The rich-to-lean average transition response time was longer than 190 milliseconds.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
    The control module illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) on the second consecutive ignition cycle that the diagnostic runs and fails.
    The control module records the operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. The first time the diagnostic fails, the control module stores this information in the Failure Records. If the diagnostic reports a failure on the second consecutive ignition cycle, the control module records the operating conditions at the time of the failure. The control module writes the operating conditions to the Freeze Frame and updates the Failure Records.
    Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
    The control module turns OFF the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) after 3 consecutive ignition cycles that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
    A current DTC, Last Test Failed, clears when the diagnostic runs and passes.
    A history DTC clears after 40 consecutive warm-up cycles, if no failures are reported by this or any other emission related diagnostic.
    Use a scan tool in order to clear the MIL and the DTC.
    95 Camaro 3.8L Y2K motor <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71</a>

Comment

firehawk i got the same problem. cant remember exactly what code i got but something to do with emissions in bank 1 or something.. but was yours fine too for a while then suddenly popped up, and when i cleared it, comes back up also.. so i dunno if i just have to change the sensors or what.
      99\' W68 Firebird<br />SLP Ram air kit,Whisper Air Lid, k&n, 8mm Taylor Wires, Bridgestone Potenzas RE950, BMR Red LCAs, Pacesetter Headers and 3\"in catalytic converter with 2.75\" Flowmaster Cat-back<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/501008</a>

Comment

Yea,99W68Firebird mine does stay off for a lil while after cleared then returns back on to annoy me. I think I told u once to go ahead and replace your 02's to be safe so do that.

Now CORIYA71 are you telling me that I should just basically go ahead and replace the 02 sensor again or are you saying to replace the wires that connect the sensor itself.
        www.vaperz.com

Comment

I'm not saying either. This is what Gm says the problem is. Those Bosch sensors, did they have the plug connected stock or did you have to connect the plug from your old sensors? If the wires your talking about is on the harness side, I doubt it's that problem. The reason I ask is because I had to for a Bosch O2 sensor I put on my old Nissan.
          95 Camaro 3.8L Y2K motor <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71</a>

Comment

The Bosch sensors I used connected to the stock plug and harness. Didn't have to fabircate the sensors at all. Maybe I didn't get teh plug in all the way. Which would not make the sensor read accurately. If it is connected right then I'm thinking its in the best interest to replace it again to get the code to stop from being throwed.
            www.vaperz.com

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6763

Heres a cheap new delco if your looking for one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X