flowmaster w/ resonator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flowmaster w/ resonator

I was justing letting you guys know on my new setup. I have RK Sport headers with a 3" high flow cat and 3" piping all the way back to the 80 series flowmaster. I liked the flowmaster but didn't like the rasp past 3000 rpms. So I decide to put a resonator(or glasspack) on, 3" in/out and 18" long. I had it put on right after the cat running along side my driveshaft area. The results were pretty good. I can rev. the car to 6000 rpms without any rasp. The tone will stay the same about all the way through the rpms. Also it still idles deep. The only bad thing I could say would be it could be louder. I wanted it quieter and no rasp and thats what I got. I would say if someone wanted it louder with no rasp they could add a smaller resonator. Overall I like it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

you know, we have a featured post on the top of this section for everyone to tell what they have ;)
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

thanks for describing the use of the bullet muffler. I like the idea of 'more quiet' so will be going with the 18" dynomax bullet. I am sure it will be loud enough when the pedal is touching the floor. :)
      01 Firebird A4 3.42
      Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
      and other mods
      Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X