Will a 2002 ss exhaust fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a 2002 ss exhaust fit?

The system is off a 2002 ss. It includes the over the axle pipe and the i-pipe. I just read the previous s and i-pipe posts. So it I get this and those 90 degree mandral bends with I be good to go?? Is there anything different about the exhaust mounting on the 2002 and my 96? Are the brackets and stuff different? My buddy has a welder so we plan on doing this ourselves, anyone else done this.

Also does anyone know if the ss muffler flows and sounds better than a flowmaster?? Should I keep the flow and just use the pipes?? My flowmaster doesn't sound to shabby, its worn in well, but I still get that damn bublebee noise at the high rpms, and the popping when I let off. Thanks
    Josh<br />96 Red Firebird <br />SLP intake, zex nitrous 75 shot(for sale), purge kit, MAC lca + phr, Jamex springs, flowmaster 80 series, ES tranny bushing, SCR subframe conectors, Harlan shiftlight, A/F guage, MSD dis-4, Accel wires w/ NGK tr6\'s, foglights, stereo, zexel torsion LSD, Walboro 255 pump, and more.<br />Looking for: 1le ds, nx wet kit + accesories

anyone?
    Josh<br />96 Red Firebird <br />SLP intake, zex nitrous 75 shot(for sale), purge kit, MAC lca + phr, Jamex springs, flowmaster 80 series, ES tranny bushing, SCR subframe conectors, Harlan shiftlight, A/F guage, MSD dis-4, Accel wires w/ NGK tr6\'s, foglights, stereo, zexel torsion LSD, Walboro 255 pump, and more.<br />Looking for: 1le ds, nx wet kit + accesories

Comment

if you have a welder you should be able to put hangers anywhere on the pipe that you want to, but the pipe/muffler are basically the same configuration, just different sizes based on the engine. it should fit fine, I have the I pipe off a stock z28 on mine just because I wanted to go from 2 inch to 2.5 - also it will probably sound a lot deeper than the flowmaster, just not as aggressive as an ss.....

BTW - how much will you let that 80 series go for?

[ February 27, 2002: Message edited by: 99BlueSuperSix ]</p>
      99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Comment

Thanks for the info. If I do decide to sell the flowmaster I'll let you have first dibs, I might just keep the flowmaster and use the ss pipe.

Comment

Did you get the exhaust from that one person on Ls1.com?
          2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

no, is someone selling one on that website also?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X