How many miles before bad cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many miles before bad cat?

Have been trying to find the lost power in my car. I replaced the plugs, wires, fuel filter, and I ran some injector cleaner. This all seemed to help in the highend but its still missing some lowend power. I was think after reading another post about power loss that maybe my cat is bad. Do you think after 50,000 miles and rough driving my cat could be bad? Nothing is coming out of my pipes and no rattel from the cat itself. The guy at the local muffler shop said he would charge $100 for all new 3" or 2.75" pipes and installing a cat (if I bring one in) plus labor. Who sells a nice but cheep (in price) cat?
    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

I dont think so, but I would jump on $100 installed for 3" I and S-Pipe, thats a good deal for parts + labor
    99 3800 NBM Camaro - (Xcessive Xcelleration Racing Team)<br />Ram/Cold Air Induction (custom)<br />Modified 4l60e Valve Body<br />Z28 Catback<br />SS Hood <br />Modified 99 GM 3800II <br />JB Performance Engineering<br />jfbperformance@cox.net

Comment

Summit sells 3" highflow catco cats for 50 bucks.
      <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

My friend Jhonathan had the same problem it is the cat. New high flow bud. :D
        2001 Sunset Orange Camaro A4<br />Best times:<br />N/A--14.3<br />60\'--1.98<br />NOS 125--????

Comment

With 3in exhaust, youll notice a large loss in power with a V6.
          I noticed the same thing on my 95 3.4... went from high 15s to high 16s, low 17s. Bad EGR valve that caused the engine to run richer then normal and in turn the O2 sensors are fouling. $300+ worth of sensors that im not going to replace anytime soon [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Ric Johnson<br />----------------<br />1995 Pro AM III #12<br />3.4 A4<br />KN FIPK intake with ram air mod<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />RKSport IAT sensor <br />ASP Underdrive pullys<br />TB Bypass<br />PF52 larger oil filter<br />3.42 non posi rear end<br />DeCarbon Trans Am shocks<br />Eibach pro series springs<br />B&M Shift Plus+ (best $40 ive ever spent)<br />Custom made billet alum front end inserts<br />Interior trim painted to match the car<br />Awia CD player with factory bose sound system<br />Viper alarm system<br /><a href=\"http://www.proam.webhop.org/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.proam.webhop.org/</a>

Comment

kindof wish i could tell if my EGR valves were screwed or not...that could be whats happening with my car although i cant be sure untill i can finally scan it
            R.I.P \'99 Firebird, you will be missed<p>New toy - 2001 GSXR-750, Yoshimura Exhaust, Power Commander, Rebuilt Airbox

Comment

I just turned over 70k and I replaced my stock cat with a highflow one. The stock one was rattling and when I got it off and shook it, everything inside was free to move around. I heard they last usually around 70k, and thats when mine went bad.
              1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X