New Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Exhaust

I just picked up a 97 3.8 M5 and was wondering about the exhaust. on my 94 i have pacesetters, hi flow y/cat, flow 2.5 cat back. im not sure if i wanna go with flow again, so i was wondering what you guys think of edelbrocks and hookers cat backs?
    1997 Camaro 15.3@91 with a 2.35 60ft-B&M Ripper, SLP Knob, SLP CAI, LT1 DS, EBC Pads. 1994 Camaro(Sadly Sold)-Hi flow cat, custom flowmaster american thunder cat back, KN FIPK, Accel wires, Plat plugs, 160 thermo, Fastchip, Pacesetters.

i've heard hooker catbacks in person and think they sound really good. They've got a deep tone but not really loud like a loudmouth or flowmaster
    1999 silver firebird: whisper lid, KN, Flowmaster 80 series, 3:42 gears

Comment

yeah hookers definitely sound good..and i like my borla [img]smile.gif[/img]
      <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas:
        i've heard hooker catbacks in person and think they sound really good. They've got a deep tone but not really loud like a loudmouth or flowmaster
        does the hooker still make some noise though? i like loud exhaust, just not loud like the loudmouth
        1997 Camaro 15.3@91 with a 2.35 60ft-B&M Ripper, SLP Knob, SLP CAI, LT1 DS, EBC Pads. 1994 Camaro(Sadly Sold)-Hi flow cat, custom flowmaster american thunder cat back, KN FIPK, Accel wires, Plat plugs, 160 thermo, Fastchip, Pacesetters.

Comment

yea, when you're driving or you punch it, it can make some noise, but at idle its not that loud

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas:
            yea, when you're driving or you punch it, it can make some noise, but at idle its not that loud
            cool thanx, one more question. is the y pipe for the pacesetters 3"? if not how do you adapt a 3 inch cat and cat back to a 2.5 inch pipe?

Comment

yes, the pacesetter pipe is 3" at the point of contact with the cat. for future reference, you get an adapter for mismatched pipes
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Hey Jonas, Which hooker muffler are you talking about, my son wants a new muffler that's 1 step louder or deeper than his stock Y87 muffler. This sounds like it might be the one, don't want it real loud or raspy!

Comment

I'll see if i can find out which one it specifiacally is for you. but i believe that most of the hooker mufflers will give you about the same sound. could be wrong though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    4 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X