S pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by knowledgefreak:

uhh no dont do this you dont want an s shape at all that slows down the flow you want it as straight and less bends. No reason to have an s shape coming out of the cat at alll.

Everythign after the cat is the I pipe the s shape is part of the stock I pipe it is not a seperate pipe.

It is usually **** shops that cut your pipe at the end of the s bend and attach the cat back because it is easier to do that instead of welding new pipe to the stock cat.
    <hr></blockquote>

My Edelbrock cat-back did not come with the s-shaped part of the i-pipe after the cat. I had to have a 3" one custom bent. 45 degree bends are probably better than the 90 degree bends that are there stock, but you have to have at least two bends there to get the pipe from the cat back to about the center of the car.
    Bruce<br />2000 Silver 3.8L V6 Camaro M5<br />183.1 rwhp / 220.5 rwtq

Comment

^5 Silver. Maybe knowledgefreak misunderstood us. What he said I already knew.
      <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

no short dog i understand 45 are better of course but i was just saying try to get it as straight as possible with out any bends if possible. Of course you wont be protected by that bump guard anymore and proably have to remove it.

Comment

Has anyone done this yet with the 45 degree bends? I'm flipping through mymagnaflow performance catalog. They SELL this piece! Its made with the 45 degree bends. They sell complete cat backs and the pieces of them, including the s-pipe to i-pipe to muffler to tailpipes.
          The part # is 15425 for a 2.5"inlet 3" outlet one that is listed to fir 93 and up v6's.
          or
          15425 for a 3" all the way through listed for the v8's
          If its a lot of dough we could always get the dimmesions off one so everyone could just copy the pipe JCWhitney bends.
          I'm calling this guy for a price tommorow
          Jim Cates
          1-800-766-6175
          Josh<br />96 Red Firebird <br />SLP intake, zex nitrous 75 shot(for sale), purge kit, MAC lca + phr, Jamex springs, flowmaster 80 series, ES tranny bushing, SCR subframe conectors, Harlan shiftlight, A/F guage, MSD dis-4, Accel wires w/ NGK tr6\'s, foglights, stereo, zexel torsion LSD, Walboro 255 pump, and more.<br />Looking for: 1le ds, nx wet kit + accesories

Comment

I got the two 45 degree pipes from jcwhitney, but I haven't got it installed yet.
            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GregWS6'01:
              S-pipe is what goes over the axle. <hr></blockquote>

Actually, what goes over the axle is called just that...the "over the axle pipe". The "S-pipe" does not go before the cat, it is simply what connects the cat to the I-pipe. For my personal "knock-off" catback I have the flowmaster muffler with my stock T/A style dual tips. I had to order a 3" dynomax "I-pipe" and 3" dynomax "over the axle pipe". When I go to the shop to get those welded on they will need to bend an S-pipe to connect that I-pipe to the 3" cat that I have.

Edit: should have read further, other people responded to that. lol

[ March 04, 2002: Message edited by: TheBeast ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X