Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is THIS the best intake out there?

http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog...n&car=lt1-fbod

Scroll down to the G2 Cold Air kit. It's the 2nd item down.

I know not to follow "everything" I read, but the website says it outflows anything on the market. It flows 71% over stock... and I know the Moroso flows only 40%. The G2 kit looks more restrictive than any of the other kits out there.

Is it just me... or does anyone else feel skeptical about this being "the best"?

[ March 02, 2002: Message edited by: Liquid Silver ]</p>
    <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

I say they are all pretty much the same. Not that I have any dyno #'s to back it up, but thats just my opinion.
    1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

That's for the LT1 not your engine.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dom:
        That's for the LT1 not your engine.<hr></blockquote>

Part # G2-108-1KN is. 1993 LT1 & 1993-97 V6 F-Body

Comment

I think Lou Gugliotti/Gigliotti is a pretty respectable guy. He has a car in the Trans Am series I think? It's either the Trans Am or one of the GT type cars. He drives a C5. I don't know about those numbers. I do know that I love my SLP CAI. I would recommend it any day.
          1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

http://ubb.mfba.org/cgi-bin/ultimate...c;f=6;t=001742

I'm not a big fan of Lou as he lies about his products. That intake looks pretty nice though. Cheaper then SLP.

Comment

I wish they made that bellow for the 3.8 and not just the Lt1,Doesnt the slp replace that whole piece, So i think thats better.
              Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

That's pretty cool, and cheaper than SLP. I'd like to see some comparisons! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

But I always thought conicals flowed better...

Comment

that looks pretty good.
                    i'm still undecided as to which cai to get...maybe i'll get the g2.
                    does anyone have one or know anybody w/one? i'd like to get a few opinions before picking one up.
                    before i saw that i was considering the arizona speed & marine cai...but if the g2 is as good as advertised maybe it's worth a shot.
                    <b>94 Firebird, 3.4 V6, Red, M5</b><br /> SLP CAI, Accel 8mm Superstock Wires, Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs, Borla Exhaust, BMR Strut Tower Brace, 180* Thermostat, B&M Ripper Shifter<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/94bird</a>

Comment

See... that G2 does look like it has good flow potential... but I am a bit skeptical about having that stock style flat air filter.

Here's another one to check out that also claims it's the best:

http://www.motorsporttech.com/f-body/intake.html

This one has a conical and is $160, unlike the G2 which is $199 (for the one with the K&N filter)

Comment

If I DO decide to get the G2... then I will just buy the one without the K&N filter... and swap in a Holley Powershot :D

Comment

I rather have something that uses a stock size filter. I'm not a big fan of K&N. Someone buy it and report the results.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            3 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X