Rk Header q's ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rk Header q's ..

KK I searched been going through results all day and couldn't find a straight answer.

Just got the headers I bought from The Hunted. Need to know if my manifold bolts will work? I know on the 3.4 they wont " 28mm" but what about on my 3.8 ? Also I need to order a felpro gasket, is it the same gasket as the stock manifold one?

--Andrew
    Has a need for Speed.<br />99\' Pewter v6, STB,Alum. DS ,RK sport Headers, 3\" Catco, 2.75\" exhaust to a Flow Master,

the bolts should work.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

the felpro gasket is not the same as stock; some people say fel-pros are more leak prone as well.

your manifold bolts will "work" but don't reuse studs that go into your head. they are made to stretch and twist a certain amount from the factory, so whatever you do after that will adversely affect the stud material.

it's not worth it to twist off a stud inside the head when you could have just spent $10 and bought the RIGHT hardware from the store.

Comment

I bought some 5/16"-18 3/4 bolts grade 8 from lowes last night and ordered these http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...-1202&x=13&y=8 Hopefully one of em should work. I also got a felpro manifold gasket, but i have a question about these. Ive heard everyone refer to them as 3 ply metal gaskets mine came as a single piece metal gasket.

--Andrew
        Has a need for Speed.<br />99\' Pewter v6, STB,Alum. DS ,RK sport Headers, 3\" Catco, 2.75\" exhaust to a Flow Master,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X