Dammit, my exahust is jacked! (need insight) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dammit, my exahust is jacked! (need insight)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit, my exahust is jacked! (need insight)

Ok, basicly.. on my edelbrock muffler the inlet to the mufflers pipe literaly is no longer internaly connected to the muffler.. so now my exhaust was hanging funny.. we went to "kix it today" but we could not get the F-er OFF, we hammered and kicked and welded and everything its stuck!! without cutting it off compleatly anyway!
    we tryed everything.. now all i have is a quazi welded crooked a$$ dented up muffler! lol.. its looks ghetto as hell..

anyway! edelbrock has a "lifetime" warentee.. I was wondering if anyone has taken them up on it? how did it go? where did you go to get the muffler replaced and did you need to exchange or what??

other options would be to get a new muffler.. anyone know of a nice muffler that can be made to look like the edelbrock (NOT a flowmaster cause those things sound like a group of retarted children beating on tin cans)..

i am jsut looking for some general insight on the "edelbrock" warentee or a good (cheep) repalcement muffler..
    Thanks,
    ~Billy

WTF did you do to it?

I havent had to do any warranty stuff with them cause nothing has happened to mine.
    <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/adamon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1996 Firechicken</a><br /><b>15.19@91.61</b><br /><i>It Rocks Your Panties</i><p>Daily Driver: <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/pimpnon6thstreet\" target=\"_blank\">1990 Pontiac Trans Sport SE</a><br />Most recent mod: Mounted an Evan on the dashboard.

Comment

OK.. i read up on edelbrocks site.. and for me to get a new muffler i basicly need to send it to CALI!! f-that.. thats gunna cost more money then its worth.. and they probably wont want to fix it.. lol.. its has dents and **** in it now.. and well i am just gunna rock it ghetto for now.. then pick up a new muffler later..

i am thinking about tacking a magnaflow or a dynomax on there..

~Billy

Comment

hey imagine that, mine has the same problem!

Im just going to have it welded shut.

I cant decide why the thing keeps breaking.. if it is edelbrock or the person who installed it for me.

Comment

Yeah.. I dont know.. the reason i could not get mine off was because it was clammed sooooooo tight that it kinda bent the two pipes together.. anyway.. i am gunna get a new muffler.. I am thinking magnaflow.. jegs has good prices on them..

~Billy

[ June 12, 2003: Message edited by: AllTheGoodNamesAreGone ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X