throttle body help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throttle body help!!

Ok i bought some TB cleaner from AZ and took off my throtttle body. i sanded it down and made it all smooth (maf screen is still there) and sprayed the heck outta it with the cleaner. When i put it back on the car i am getting REALLY rough idle and the SES was blinking. also tons of white smoke coming out of the back. did i do something wrong.. anyone else had this problem and the SES went off?
    thanks
    1996 White Camaro 3.8<p>y87 package, SLP CAI, Taylor Spiro wires, Rapidfire plugs, blackouts, one kick *** stereo

i hope you didn't spray the heck out of the MAF sensor element with the cleaner.... naughty naughty boy...

try resetting pcm and see what happens... blinking SES means you're dumping WAY too much HC into your cat.
    1: tell me (honestly) you didn't spray cleaner on the MAF element
    2: reset pcm and see what happens
    ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

yes i did spray the MAF SENSOR.. what did i do
      1996 White Camaro 3.8<p>y87 package, SLP CAI, Taylor Spiro wires, Rapidfire plugs, blackouts, one kick *** stereo

Comment

You fried your MAF sensor.
        1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

could i get a confirmation on this cause that would really suck. they are like 100$ at autozone

Comment

thank god.. resetting the pcm worked. man that was scary..lol

Comment

spraying MAF element with TB cleaner will ruin the element...
              glad you got out okay on this one...
              more the wiser next time ;)
              ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X