No announcement yet.

true dual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your exhaust is past your door it is technically legal. I wouldn't bother with trying to get it to go over the rear axle, too much work. One idea me and toast had was to modify a ypipe to split into 2 seperate pipes, then both pipes would follow each other and go over the axle, kinda like having 2 pipes right next to each other then do it loud mouth style into some tips. Personally, I'd like to dump them before the axle. The x-pipe is the best bet, it will even out the flow better then an H-pipe. The only problem is the muffler i'm using would be impossible to stick on the other side, I can fit it adequatley where the cat goes. Bullet mufflers could work, but still I see ground clearance issues on the other side. Especially with running the driver's side header under there, because there is no path for the exhaust, it would hang down extremely low. With a little modification someone could get it to work though. One thing you guys also have to consider. If your are going duals and you're using 2.5in pipe. Add 2x2.5 together and what do you get? It's like putting 5inch exhaust on your car. When I was thinking about doing the project i was going to go with 2in, 2.25 at the most. The only reason I'm not doing this project is because I have to pass inspection in exactly a month. I have a temp setup of a muffler running directly off the ypipe, it would be stupid to put a catback system on then take it off again completely to do the true dual setup. What're you gonna do these days?

Comment

well ive seen proof that the "you need backpressure" thing is bs. Magnus ran open y pipe and ran .2 and 2 mph better. there is like hardly any backpressure with open y pipe. im going with 2.5" but it wont be mandrel bent so i guess its kinda like going 2"-2.25" i dont expect to gain performance, i seriosuly doubt i would lose performance with my true duals rather than having a 3" y pipe setup, plus the sound should be a little better
      Longtubes, true duals, ram air, caspers tps tec, ls1 26lb injectors, supersix powerpack, heads milled .020, comp cam .507 220/224 114 ls, forged internals and chromeoly pushrods, bored .030 over, tb spacer, tranny built with stiffer springs and kevlar bands, bigger servo, transgo stage 3 shift kit, edge 3600 stall, 1 pc aluminum ds, 3.73 superior gears, lsd rear ,custom pcm tuning, walbro 255 in tank,

Comment

The true dual system on the V6 would be good to do. I almost did it, I have a complete priced out plan (actually several) and I know several shops who would do it for me. The sound would be killer.

I just recently changed my mind back to a single system though, since for the price of the dual, I could get headers + a single system. The dual system is going to net you a better sound, but it weighs more and doesn't keep the stock cat location (which might factor in for emissions later on). Go with dual 2.25" piping if you do it, that is MORE than what a single 3" can flow. If you need any help let me know, I have an awful lot of part numbers and ideas you might want to use... it could save you some time.

If you're going to the back of the car, look to spend $650-700 for a good installation including parts.
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X