Flowmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowmaster

Right now i have the exhaust from a camaro SS and i will be getting a flowmaster catback soon. I was wondering what some of your opinions are between the 40 and 80 series. Is the 40 that much louder? Thanks

and would borla tips make any noticeable difference in sound on the setup?
    1999 silver firebird: whisper lid, KN, Flowmaster 80 series, 3:42 gears

If im correct, the 40 isnt dual outlet like the 80, ive heard the 40 sounds deeper tho? i have the american thunder catback and im happy with it, put a carsounds cat on it too and that made a big diff in the sound of my muffler. ask ur self this tho, if the 40 series was better, why didnt they put it with the catback instead of the 80?
    Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

hey thanks for the help harrison. I've already got a hi-flow cat on the way and I didnt know the 40 isnt dual outlet, i definately need dual.

Comment

Yeah, Im actually thinking about getting the 80 series, american thunder system from jegs this x-mas. Its offered only for the LT-1 and was wondering if this application will fit on our cars? How many tenths will I gain? Thanks
        96 Firebird, auto, Flowmaster American Thun. Cat-Back, CAI (1LE elbow off ebay = $20bucks, 3\" mandrel bent intake from walmart w/ filter designed for a honda = $45 bucks,fits my bird! sounds sweet ;) )

Comment

You want the LT1 setup as their single cat exhaust is routed the same way our V6's are. The LS1 catbacks will require modification and extensions at an exhaust shop.

I *THINK* you still need to buy the SLP S-pipe or have a 3" made at a shop to make your setup completely 3" from the y-pipe back. I know for sure, magnaflow's LT1 catback already has that s-pipe.

Good luck, IMO flowmaster sounds the best on our cars. I'm planning on buying the single cat LT1 system from them, and buying one of those dynomax bullet mufflers to stick in the i-pipe to quiet it down a bit.
          -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Fredless:
            I *THINK* you still need to buy the SLP S-pipe or have a 3" made at a shop to make your setup completely 3" from the y-pipe back. I know for sure, magnaflow's LT1 catback already has that s-pipe.
            IMHO the price points between the LT1 Magnaflow and Flowmaster setups are very comparable. With that being said, with the Magnaflow you get an all stainless system that isnt going to rust out (my flowmaster welds rusted in a matter of months.) and the Magnaflow includes that S-bend, making it incredibly easy to just throw it on in your driveway since you actually have all the parts.
            \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

oh yeah, rust is a factor for you yankees. ;) Thank god I've never seen snow, don't plan on it either. Can't stand the cold.

It probably would be in his best interest to go magnaflow then.
              -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

i have a flowmaster 80 series and like it. it dont sound bad for a v6.
                2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

I have a flowmaster 80 series muffler, and I love it. I get asked all the time if I have an 8. [img]smile.gif[/img] It's too loud either. although I don't have headers or a high flow cat yet. So I would definately recommend the flowmaster. And the 40 series does have a dual out muffler, it's just not crossflow, so both the outlets are on the same side, won't really work w/ our cars unless you do something custom. Go w/ flowmaster, you'll love it
                  \'97 Camaro 3.8L

Comment

80 series here, and I love mine as well. It sounds good when you get it on but give it a chance to 'burn in' for a month or so and the sound will begin to sweeten up a bit. Couple that with some high flow pipes and you've got yourself a winner.
                    99 3.8 Camaro<br />Intake Mods: K&N filter, Whisper lid, free ram air, !air silencer, !maf screen<br />Exhaust Mods: Flowmaster 80 series, 3\" I-pipe, 3\" Cutout<br />Suspension: Intrax Springs (2\" drop)<br />Misc.: Fan switch mod, Hayden transmission cooler

Comment

Hey thanks guys. I'm getting an 80 series catback w/ 3 in. pipes. It is used but only for about a month so it wont take long to break it in. I'm also gonna get a 3 in. hi flow cat and possibly headers to help the sound out.

Comment

So if I would buy the flowmaster set-up, I would still need to buy the S-Pipe seperately? All the parts don't come included? lol
                        96 Firebird, auto, Flowmaster American Thun. Cat-Back, CAI (1LE elbow off ebay = $20bucks, 3\" mandrel bent intake from walmart w/ filter designed for a honda = $45 bucks,fits my bird! sounds sweet ;) )

Comment

From Jegs.com I ordered the Flowmaster system, order # 389-17143. All parts that I need to take it to a shop and have it installed are included right? Thanks guys for your help.

Comment

you would have to give a link to the one you bought, then we could let you know :D

Comment

I have the flowmaster system for the 3.8 and IMHO this system sounds way better on our cars than the V8 application. I am really happy with the sound of mine and when I add headers and a cat I know it will sound Bad Arse. good luck.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X