Got some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some questions

Hey Guys.. I've been doing alot of research on exhausts and all that goodness, and I have some questions. I'm planning on headers and a high flow cat, so my questions are about the cat back. I can't really decide what I want. I like loud... loud is good to me ;) so that's not an issue when it comes to this. So my first thought was slp loudmouth. Although many have said it's too loud... so I thought, why not do flowmaster cat back and get a cut out when I want loud... (I'd go w/ an electronic one so I can open it up whenever). I'm kind of stuck and I'd like to know what you guys thought b/c christmas is coming up and I've asked my fam for a new catback. So... let me know what you think, Thanks,
    Josh
    \'97 Camaro 3.8L

Maybe the TSP rumbler? It's suppost to be a meaner sound than the American Thunder, but not as raspy
    2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

flowmaster 80/3" pipes is plenty loud and since your doing headers and all it shouldnt sound gutless in the mid range like some say

[ December 06, 2004, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: Flowbee V6 ]
      <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/437104 96 Firebird M5</a>

Comment

if you are thinking of going with an electric cutout then i would suggest a v8 take off because of the low price and just use the cutout when you want power or noise.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by T-Punk:
          if you are thinking of going with an electric cutout then i would suggest a v8 take off because of the low price and just use the cutout when you want power or noise.
          x2
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            5 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            3 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X