Exhaust system recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust system recommendations

Just purchased my first Camaro a week ago. Its a '99 V6 3.8L and I think I'm in love. Well, once I get the O2 sensor replaced and get it all checked out and running the way I want I'm wanting to put in a new exhaust system along with new headers and a nice cat. Can some recommend any resonable priced systems? I can't afford the expensive stuff but I also don't want to buy the cheap stuff either. I've check out many websites but I don't know what's good or not. Help a noob out.

-Beav
    1999 Camaro V6 3.8L A4<br />Red, T-tops, Monsoon<br />No mods.......yet.

im ALL about the Borla...great performance and sound...for headers i'd go with pacesetters...everyone seems to vote these the best bang for the buck...and as far as the cat you can just hollow it out and sleeve it (like i did..never set a code but you can get o2 simulators) or i'd get a high flow from Catco..prepare for your exhaust to be REALLY loud! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>12 SECOND DUAL STAGE DRY NITROUS POWERED 98 A4 V6 CAMARO<br /><a href=\"http://www.mysickcamaro.50megs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.MySickCamaro.50megs.com</a><br />Best ET: 12.82@103<br />Best MPH: 104.7<br />Best 60\': 1.75 - Stock TC</b><br /> </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">Originally posted by Shodown:<br /><strong>1DV6 runs 12\'s...enough said. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif\">

Comment

ummmm... he said he can't afford the expensive stuff.
      2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

Thanks for the reply man.

The Borla cat-back is like $700. Sounds nice just out of my price range. I'm thinking like half that.

How about the MagnaFlow cat-back?
        A Pace Setter cat?

Something to reduce the back flow of exhaust.

Comment

The only magnaflow i heard i thought it sounded like crap. I'd buy the TSP Rumbler, its loud but it sounds good.
          <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Recommend any good websites for exhaust modification parts?

Comment

Get the Hooker Aerochamber Cat-back, it's mean but awful sounding at higher RPMs almost all the other cat-backs. It runs in the $3XX price range too! Also get a Magnaflow/Carsound 3" catalytic converter off ebay. And while you're at it buy some Pacesetter's with the ceramic coating and y-pipe and you'll have a complete exhaust system that sounds mean but doesn't punish your eardrums!
              2002 Black Firebird:<br />A4, Y87, W68, T-tops<br />Best NA ET: 15.16 @ 90<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/darksde02</a>

Comment

I would say go with the Hooker as well. It's one of the best I've come across. Has a nice growl at idle and much quieter than the Slowmaster I had before.
                2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

Im quite happy with my magnaflow and pacesetter combination. loud and mean, but not obnoxious and the best part is the exhaust is stainless vs. so many others that are going to rust out on you.
                  \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

custom piping with a flowmaster, catco cat and pacesetters [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I'm gonna look into getting Hooker cat-back, not sure about the cat yet, and probably pacesetters. Prices are just about right too.

Okay, now I'm getting excited.

Another question though...

Like I said I just bought this Camaro a week ago, what do you all recommend I get checked out? As far as I'm concerned the car is running great, but when my OCD kicks in I feel like the tranny is a little off. For example, its an auto and going into second I don't seem to get as much pick up as I would think. Maybe its just me. Also, I also feel it idles a bit rough. I could just be being picky but I was wondering if there were some common problems to look for around 68,000 miles? Okay, I'll stop now.

-Beav

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X