do tips make a difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do tips make a difference?

will resonated or non-resonated tips make a difference? does anybody have first hand experience with this?
    Bone stock V6 3.8L auto. Exhaust on the way, then intake, and tranny kit.

eh - tips are mostly for show in my opinion.
    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

Looks wise they make a difference, performance wise....I doubt it. That is unless your one of the ricer boys who think that sticking a coffee can muffler on any exhaust instantly adds 5 hp.
      1995 Arctic White Camaro. 3.4L/A4<br /><br />\"Stupid men make mistakes, wise men learn from mistakes\"

Comment

in a;abama they say it adds 10 but those are the hyundai kids talking (they have alot of wishful thinking)
        Mods List:FREE ram air mod,FREE air lid smoothing mod,Air silencer removal,K&N Filter,Magna Flow Exhaust. cat delete, 3.42 + lsd.2600 stall tc,alto red eagle complete tranny rebuild.

Comment

The ONLY way I can see tips effecting performance is if they bottleneck... Meaning if your pipe(s) 2 1/2" and your tip goes from that 2 1/2" to 1" .. That'd be bad [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

They will change the sound.

As for performance, shouldn't change anything unless it is extreme like 3in to 1in or 3in to 8in
            Cardomain

Comment

What I actually meant was sound wise. Sorry for not clarifying. Of course they dont make any performance difference. Duh! Does anybody have an idea of how they change the sound?
              Bone stock V6 3.8L auto. Exhaust on the way, then intake, and tranny kit.

Comment

My borla tips on my borla system supposedly "eliminate rasp and other unwanted tones", which i think is BS, but hey, they need SOME reason to charge $191 a piece for the tips.

Comment

personally i think tips change the sound but not dramatically.
                  2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I had a couple and put them on the ends of my tips to see if it made a difference. Revved it up with and revved it without and sounded noticably deeper with the 2ft chromie.
                    2001 V6 Camaro - VTEC Badged, Abbott Racing Heads Sticker, and Loud A$$ Exhaust<br /><br /><b>BUILT NOT BOUGHT</b><br /><br />14.0 @ 96.44 MPH (Street Tires, Before Tranny)<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/6pakcamaro54</a>

Comment

To anwser the question Jegs catalog sells tips that have the little flaps at the end, which are designed to decrease back pressure. They work, and they were even OEM on factory mustangs from 64-70. Will they work an our cars maybe. Try it out and let us know.
                      97 Camaro RS<br /><br />\"Just a V6 huh?, let\'s go find out how slow it is\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X